Production may be:
- Production (economics)
- Outline of industrial organization, the act of making products (goods and services)
- Production, the act of manufacturing goods
- Production as statistic, gross domestic product
- A Production line
- Primary production, the production of new biomass by autotrophs in ecosystems
- Productivity (ecology), the wider concept of biomass production in ecosystems
- Production, phase of filmmaking
- Production, phase of video games development
- Production, category of illusory magic trick
- Production, film distributor of a company
- Production, theatrical performance
- Production, video production
In Abstract systems:
- Production (computer science), formal-grammar concept
- Production system, programming method
Other articles related to "production":
... Kaman was awarded a contract for four prototype and 12 production HU2K-1 helicopters in late 1957 ... With no follow-on orders, Kaman ended production in the late 1960s after delivering 184 SH-2s to the US Navy although production would be later ... A significant factor in the reopening of the production line was that the Navy's Sikorsky SH-60 Sea Hawk, which was newer and more capable in anti-submarine operations, was too large to be operated from the small ...
... and VP of sales, but became dissatisfied with being so far removed from aircraft production and quit to form Beechcraft, using the original Travel Air facilities and employing many of ... In 1942 Beech won its first Army-Navy ‘E’ Award production award and became one of the elite five percent of war contracting firms in the country to win five straight ... The Bonanza has had the longest production run of any airplane, past or present, in the world ...
... total expenditure of money used to buy things is a way of measuring production ... Note that if you knit yourself a sweater, it is production but does not get counted as GDP because it is never sold ... as child-rearing (generally unpaid) as production, GDP ceases to be an accurate indicator of production ...
... Pre-production design Design brief or Parti pris – an early (often the beginning) statement of design goals Analysis – analysis of current design goals ... design solutions Presentation – presenting design solutions Design during production Development – continuation and improvement of a designed solution Testing – in situ testing a ...
... The relationship between design and production is one of planning and executing ... In contrast, production involves a routine or pre-planned process ... A design may also be a mere plan that does not include a production or engineering process, although a working knowledge of such processes is usually expected of ...
Famous quotes containing the word production:
“The society based on production is only productive, not creative.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)
“The heart of man ever finds a constant succession of passions, so that the destroying and pulling down of one proves generally to be nothing else but the production and the setting up of another.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“Just as modern mass production requires the standardization of commodities, so the social process requires standardization of man, and this standardization is called equality.”
—Erich Fromm (19001980)