Text may refer to:
- the representation of written language
- Text (literary theory), a concept in literary theory
- Another name for a literary work
- A particular Bible passage, sometimes a single verse or verse fragment
- Textbook, a standardized instructional book
- in electronic communication and computing
- Plain text (unformatted text)
- Text file, a type of computer files
- Text display, an electronic alphanumeric display device
- Text mode display
- Text messaging, the sending of short messages by mobile phone
- Text segment, another name for the code segment of a binary executable computer file
- in arts and entertainment
- Text (song), a 2010 song by Mann
- TEXT, a Swedish band formed by 3/4 ex-Refused Members
- TxT (film), a 2006 Filipino horror film.
Other articles related to "text":
... January 14 Recap Talk 'N Text Phone Pals 111, Air21 Express 109 Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City ABC January 15 Recap Talk 'N Text Phone Pals 87, Air21 Express 90 ...
... The following is the Latin text with a doxology, and an English translation by Fr ... Latin text An English translation A more literal rendering Pange, lingua, gloriosi Corporis mysterium, Sanguinisque pretiosi, quem in mundi pretium ...
... The Linux console (the text seen when X is not running) also interprets them ... Terminal programs for Microsoft Windows designed to show text from an outside source (a serial port, modem, or socket) also interpret them ... Some support for text from local programs on Windows is offered through alternate command processors such as JP Software's TCC (formerly 4NT), Michael J ...
18 or older could enter the contest by text messaging a request or using the network's website ... GSN charges a $.99 fee for each text message entry, in addition to standard text messaging rates charged by the wireless provider ...
... Sometimes blank stamps were printed and stored, and the text would be overprinted later ... On fully engraved plates, the text color matches the design color, while overprinted blanks have their text in rich black ink ...
Famous quotes containing the word text:
“If ever I should condescend to prose,
Ill write poetical commandments, which
Shall supersede beyond all doubt all those
That went before; in these I shall enrich
My text with many things that no one knows,
And carry precept to the highest pitch:
Ill call the work Longinus oer a Bottle,
Or, Every Poet his own Aristotle.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that a single book is not. A book is not an isolated entity: it is a narration, an axis of innumerable narrations. One literature differs from another, either before or after it, not so much because of the text as for the manner in which it is read.”
—Jorge Luis Borges (18991986)
“Don Pedro. But when shall we set the savage bulls horns on the sensible Benedicks head?
Claudio. Yes, and text underneath, Here dwells Benedick, the married man?”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)