Text may refer to:
- the representation of written language
- Text (literary theory), a concept in literary theory
- Another name for a literary work
- A particular Bible passage, sometimes a single verse or verse fragment
- Textbook, a standardized instructional book
- in electronic communication and computing
- Plain text (unformatted text)
- Text file, a type of computer files
- Text display, an electronic alphanumeric display device
- Text mode display
- Text messaging, the sending of short messages by mobile phone
- Text segment, another name for the code segment of a binary executable computer file
- in arts and entertainment
- Text (song), a 2010 song by Mann
- TEXT, a Swedish band formed by 3/4 ex-Refused Members
- TxT (film), a 2006 Filipino horror film.
Other articles related to "text":
... American residents 18 or older could enter the contest by text messaging a request or using the network's website ... GSN charges a $.99 fee for each text message entry, in addition to standard text messaging rates charged by the wireless provider ...
... Sometimes blank stamps were printed and stored, and the text would be overprinted later ... On fully engraved plates, the text color matches the design color, while overprinted blanks have their text in rich black ink ...
... The following is the Latin text with a doxology, and an English translation by Fr ... Latin text An English translation A more literal rendering Pange, lingua, gloriosi Corporis mysterium, Sanguinisque pretiosi, quem in mundi pretium fructus ...
... January 14 Recap Talk 'N Text Phone Pals 111, Air21 Express 109 Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City ABC January 15 Recap Talk 'N Text Phone Pals 87, Air21 Express 90 Araneta Coliseum ...
... The Linux console (the text seen when X is not running) also interprets them ... Terminal programs for Microsoft Windows designed to show text from an outside source (a serial port, modem, or socket) also interpret them ... Some support for text from local programs on Windows is offered through alternate command processors such as JP Software's TCC (formerly 4NT), Michael J ...
Famous quotes containing the word text:
“What our eyes behold may well be the text of life but ones meditations on the text and the disclosures of these meditations are no less a part of the structure of reality.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“I would define the poetic effect as the capacity that a text displays for continuing to generate different readings, without ever being completely consumed.”
—Umberto Eco (b. 1932)
“Great speeches have always had great soundbites. The problem now is that the young technicians who put together speeches are paying attention only to the soundbite, not to the text as a whole, not realizing that all great soundbites happen by accident, which is to say, all great soundbites are yielded up inevitably, as part of the natural expression of the text. They are part of the tapestry, they arent a little flower somebody sewed on.”
—Peggy Noonan (b. 1950)