Function may refer to:
- Function (biology), explaining why a feature survived selection
- Function (computer science), or subroutine, a portion of code within a larger program, performs a specific task
- Function (engineering), related to the selected property of a system
- Function (language), in linguistics, a way of achieving an aim using language
- Function (mathematics), an abstract entity that associates an input to a corresponding output according to some rule
- Function model, a structured representation of the functions, activities or processes
- Function object, or functor or functionoid, a concept of object-oriented programming
- Function Drinks, a beverage company based in Redondo Beach, California.
- Diatonic function, a term in music theory
- Function (E-40 song), a 2012 song by American rapper E-40 featuring YG, iAmSu & Problem
Other articles related to "function":
... In general, an integral over a set E of a function f is written Here x need not be a real number, but can be another suitable quantity, for instance, a vector in R3 ... Just as the definite integral of a positive function of one variable represents the area of the region between the graph of the function and the x-axis, the double integral of a positive ... be obtained via the triple integral — the integral of a function in three variables — of the constant function f(x, y, z) = 1 over the above mentioned region between the ...
... Currying is similar to the process of calculating a function of multiple variables for some given values on paper ... For example, given the function f(x,y) = y / x To evaluate f(2,3), first replace x with 2 ... Since the result is a function of y, this function g(y) can be defined as g(y) = f(2,y) = y/2 ...
... are inverse operations if a continuous function is first integrated and then differentiated, the original function is retrieved ... one to compute integrals by using an antiderivative of the function to be integrated ...
... Given a function f of a real variable x and an interval of the real line, the definite integral is defined informally to be the area of the region in the xy-plan ... The term integral may also refer to the notion of the antiderivative, a function F whose derivative is the given function f ... connected with differentiation if f is a continuous real-valued function defined on a closed interval, then, once an antiderivative F of f is known, the definite ...
... The most prominent roles of mitochondria are to produce the energy currency of the cell, ATP (i.e ... phosphorylation of ADP), through respiration, and to regulate cellular metabolism ...
Famous quotes containing the word function:
“Every boy was supposed to come into the world equipped with a father whose prime function was to be our father and show us how to be men. He can escape us, but we can never escape him. Present or absent, dead or alive, real or imagined, our father is the main man in our masculinity.”
—Frank Pittman (20th century)
“To make us feel small in the right way is a function of art; men can only make us feel small in the wrong way.”
—E.M. (Edward Morgan)
“The fact remains that the human being in early childhood learns to consider one or the other aspect of bodily function as evil, shameful, or unsafe. There is not a culture which does not use a combination of these devils to develop, by way of counterpoint, its own style of faith, pride, certainty, and initiative.”
—Erik H. Erikson (19041994)