Transfer may refer to:
- Transfer (computing)
- Transfer DNA, the transferred DNA of the tumor-inducing (Ti) plasmid of some species of bacteria such as Agrobacterium tumefaciens
- Transfer (group theory)
- Transfer (association football)
- Transfer function in mathematics
- Transfer of learning
- Transfer (patent)
- Transfer payment
- Transfer principle (mathematics)
- Transfer (propaganda)
- Transfer (public transit), a ticket that allows a passenger to use multiple conveyances in a single trip
- Transfer (railway station), a railway station connecting two or more lines
- Academic transfer
- Balance transfer
- Call transfer
- Decal, a sticker
- Electron transfer
- Heat transfer
- Jacoby transfer, a bidding device in contract bridge
- Knowledge transfer
- Language transfer, where native language grammar and pronunciation influence the learning and use of a second language
- Manhattan Transfer (disambiguation), several meanings
- Money transfer (disambiguation)
- Wire transfer
- Population transfer
- Transfer, a 2010 German science-fiction movie directed by Damir Lukacevic and starring Zana Marjanović
- Transfer (film), a 1966 short film
Other articles related to "transfer":
... online can come from credit card, electronic check, certified check, money order, or even wire transfer ... offer accounts with which online gambling can be funded however, many top fund-transfer sites such as FirePay, Neteller Moneybookers have discontinued service ... Payment by check and wire transfer is also common ...
... College is one of the state's highest ranked transfer institutions in terms of total numbers of students who transfer to Universities of California (UCs) and California State Universities (CSUs) combined ... the state in terms of numbers of students who transfer to the CSU system. 25th in the state in terms of numbers of students who transfer to the UC system ...
... The simplest budget can be calculated with Hohmann transfer, which moves from one circular orbit to another coplanar circular orbit via an elliptical transfer orbit ... In some cases a bi-elliptic transfer can give a lower delta-v ... A more complex transfer occurs when the orbits are not coplanar ...
... In economics, a transfer payment (or government transfer or simply transfer) is a redistribution of income in the market system ... In other words, the transfer is made without any exchange of goods or services ... Examples of certain transfer payments include welfare (financial aid), social security, and government making subsidies for certain businesses (firms) ...
... of two manned spacecraft of any nation, and the first-ever transfer of crew from one space vehicle to another of any nation, the only time a transfer was accomplished with a space walk – two month before the ...
Famous quotes containing the word transfer:
“I have proceeded ... to prevent the lapse from ... the point of blending between wakefulness and sleep.... Not ... that I can render the point more than a pointbut that I can startle myself ... into wakefulnessand thus transfer the point ... into the realm of Memoryconvey its impressions,... to a situation where ... I can survey them with the eye of analysis.”
—Edgar Allan Poe (18091849)
“If it had not been for storytelling, the black family would not have survived. It was the responsibility of the Uncle Remus types to transfer philosophies, attitudes, values, and advice, by way of storytelling using creatures in the woods as symbols.”
—Jackie Torrence (b. 1944)
“No sociologist ... should think himself too good, even in his old age, to make tens of thousands of quite trivial computations in his head and perhaps for months at a time. One cannot with impunity try to transfer this task entirely to mechanical assistants if one wishes to figure something, even though the final result is often small indeed.”
—Max Weber (18641920)