Short may refer to:
- Short circuit, an accidental connection between two nodes of an electrical circuit
- Short (finance), stock-trading position
- Short film, a cinema format
- Short snorter, a banknote signed by fellow travelers, common during WW-II
- Short subject, a cinema format used almost interchangeably with short film
- Short integer, a computer datatype
- Short (cricket), an attribute among fielding position modifiers in cricket
- Short Brothers, a British aerospace company
- Short Brothers of Sunderland, former English shipbuilder
- A short person is one of lower human height
- A partially smoked cigarette that has been saved for later use
- SHORT syndrome, a medical condition in which affected individuals have multiple birth defects
Read more about Short: Places
Other articles related to "short":
... A short story is a work of fiction, usually written in narrative prose ... traditions in the 17th century, the short story has grown to encompass a body of work so diverse as to defy easy characterization ... At its most prototypical the short story features a small cast of named characters, and focuses on a self-contained incident with the intent of evoking a "single effect" or mood ...
... Erbert - A short-sighted boy who struggles to see, even with his spectacles ... His short sightedness is shared by his parents, who have on countless occasions ended up in different parts of the town during parents evening ... His short sightedness is renowned amongst other Beano stars, most evident in a strip in The Beano Annual 2000 where the stars had taken a cruise to Australia only to find out they had somehow ...
... Short, broad, round muzzle ... Short, broad nose with pronounced stop ... Neck Short and thick ...
... The Fox and Crow (voiced both characters only for the 1941 debut short "Fox and Grapes" until Frank Grahmn took the roles of the fox and crow then Paul Frees became the crow while Grahmn was still the fox till ... Coyote (silent until 1952, first spoke in the short "Operation Rabbit") Speedy Gonzales (1953–1989) Rocky and Mugsy (Bugs and Thugs 1954) The Tasmanian Devil (1954–1989 ... Farms in Berkeley...Moooo" Officer Short Shrift, several Lethargians, three out of five of the royal palace guards, The Word Speller, The Dodecahedron ...
... Byatt's 1998 collection of short fiction, Elementals Stories of Fire and Ice contains a short story entitled "A Lamia in the Cévennes" ... Lamia is the main antagonist in Haley Riordan's short story Son of Magic (which is a part of The Demigod Diaries) ...
Famous quotes containing the word short:
“Remember, that when I speak of pleasures I always mean the elegant pleasures of a rational being, and not the brutal ones of a swine. I mean la bonne chère, short of gluttony; wine, infinitely short of drunkenness; play, without the least gaming; and gallantry, without debauchery.”
—Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th Earl Chesterfield (16941773)
“Iambics march from short to long;
With a leap and a bound the swift Anapaests throng;”
—Samuel Taylor Coleridge (17721834)
“If true that notion, which but few contest,
That in the way of wit short things are best,
Then in good epigrams two virtues meet,
For tis their glory to be short and sweet.”
—Anonymous. From A Collection of Epigrams (1727)