Short may refer to:
- Short circuit, an accidental connection between two nodes of an electrical circuit
- Short (finance), stock-trading position
- Short film, a cinema format
- Short snorter, a banknote signed by fellow travelers, common during WW-II
- Short subject, a cinema format used almost interchangeably with short film
- Short integer, a computer datatype
- Short (cricket), an attribute among fielding position modifiers in cricket
- Short Brothers, a British aerospace company
- Short Brothers of Sunderland, former English shipbuilder
- A short person is one of lower human height
- A partially smoked cigarette that has been saved for later use
- SHORT syndrome, a medical condition in which affected individuals have multiple birth defects
Read more about Short: Places
Other articles related to "short":
... Erbert - A short-sighted boy who struggles to see, even with his spectacles ... His short sightedness is shared by his parents, who have on countless occasions ended up in different parts of the town during parents evening ... His short sightedness is renowned amongst other Beano stars, most evident in a strip in The Beano Annual 2000 where the stars had taken a cruise to Australia only to find out they had somehow ended up in Scotland ...
... Short, broad, round muzzle ... Short, broad nose with pronounced stop ... Neck Short and thick ...
... A short story is a work of fiction, usually written in narrative prose ... from earlier oral storytelling traditions in the 17th century, the short story has grown to encompass a body of work so diverse as to defy easy characterization ... At its most prototypical the short story features a small cast of named characters, and focuses on a self-contained incident with the intent of ...
... both characters only for the 1941 debut short "Fox and Grapes" until Frank Grahmn took the roles of the fox and crow then Paul Frees became the crow while Grahmn was still the fox ... Coyote (silent until 1952, first spoke in the short "Operation Rabbit") Speedy Gonzales (1953–1989) Rocky and Mugsy (Bugs and Thugs 1954) The Tasmanian Devil (1954–1989) aka Taz Ed (Jack ... Farms in Berkeley...Moooo" Officer Short Shrift, several Lethargians, three out of five of the royal palace guards, The Word Speller, The Dodecahedron, and The Demon of Insincerity from The Phantom ...
... Byatt's 1998 collection of short fiction, Elementals Stories of Fire and Ice contains a short story entitled "A Lamia in the Cévennes" ... Lamia is the main antagonist in Haley Riordan's short story Son of Magic (which is a part of The Demigod Diaries) ...
Famous quotes containing the word short:
“It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)
“O harmless Death! whom still the valiant brave,
The wise expect, the sorrowful invite,
And all the good embrace, who know the grave
A short dark passage to eternal light.”
—Sir William Davenant (16061668)
“Language was not powerful enough to describe the infant phenomenon. Ill tell you what, sir, he said; the talent of this child is not to be imagined. She must be seen, sirseento be ever so faintly appreciated.... The infant phenomenon, though of short stature, had a comparatively aged countenance, and had moreover been precisely the same agenot perhaps to the full extent of the memory of the oldest inhabitant, but certainly for five good years.”
—Charles Dickens (18121870)