Short may refer to:
- Short circuit, an accidental connection between two nodes of an electrical circuit
- Short (finance), stock-trading position
- Short film, a cinema format
- Short snorter, a banknote signed by fellow travelers, common during WW-II
- Short subject, a cinema format used almost interchangeably with short film
- Short integer, a computer datatype
- Short (cricket), an attribute among fielding position modifiers in cricket
- Short Brothers, a British aerospace company
- Short Brothers of Sunderland, former English shipbuilder
- A short person is one of lower human height
- A partially smoked cigarette that has been saved for later use
- SHORT syndrome, a medical condition in which affected individuals have multiple birth defects
Read more about Short: Places
Other articles related to "short":
... Erbert - A short-sighted boy who struggles to see, even with his spectacles ... His short sightedness is shared by his parents, who have on countless occasions ended up in different parts of the town during parents evening ... His short sightedness is renowned amongst other Beano stars, most evident in a strip in The Beano Annual 2000 where the stars had taken a cruise to Australia only to find out they had somehow ended ...
... The Fox and Crow (voiced both characters only for the 1941 debut short "Fox and Grapes" until Frank Grahmn took the roles of the fox and crow then Paul Frees became the ... Coyote (silent until 1952, first spoke in the short "Operation Rabbit") Speedy Gonzales (1953–1989) Rocky and Mugsy (Bugs and Thugs 1954) The Tasmanian Devil (1954–1989) aka Taz Ed (Jack Benny's ... Farms in Berkeley...Moooo" Officer Short Shrift, several Lethargians, three out of five of the royal palace guards, The Word Speller, The Dodecahedron, and The Demon ...
... A short story is a work of fiction, usually written in narrative prose ... storytelling traditions in the 17th century, the short story has grown to encompass a body of work so diverse as to defy easy characterization ... At its most prototypical the short story features a small cast of named characters, and focuses on a self-contained incident with the intent of evoking a "single effect" or mood ...
... Byatt's 1998 collection of short fiction, Elementals Stories of Fire and Ice contains a short story entitled "A Lamia in the Cévennes" ... Lamia is the main antagonist in Haley Riordan's short story Son of Magic (which is a part of The Demigod Diaries) ...
... Short, broad, round muzzle ... Short, broad nose with pronounced stop ... Neck Short and thick ...
Famous quotes containing the word short:
“Man that is born of woman hath but a short time to live, and is full of misery. He cometh up, and is cut down, like a flower; he fleeth as it were a shadow, and never continueth in one stay.”
—Burial of the Dead, first anthem, Book of Common Prayer (1662)
“The names of those who in their lives fought for life,
Who wore at their hearts the fires centre.
Born of the sun they traveled a short while towards the sun,
And left the vivid air signed with their honour.”
—Stephen Spender (19091995)
“Summers lease hath all too short a date.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)