Function may refer to:
- Function (biology), explaining why a feature survived selection
- Function (computer science), or subroutine, a portion of code within a larger program, performs a specific task
- Function (engineering), related to the selected property of a system
- Function (language), in linguistics, a way of achieving an aim using language
- Function (mathematics), an abstract entity that associates an input to a corresponding output according to some rule
- Function model, a structured representation of the functions, activities or processes
- Function object, or functor or functionoid, a concept of object-oriented programming
- Function Drinks, a beverage company based in Redondo Beach, California.
- Diatonic function, a term in music theory
- Function (E-40 song), a 2012 song by American rapper E-40 featuring YG, iAmSu & Problem
Other articles related to "function":
... and integration are inverse operations if a continuous function is first integrated and then differentiated, the original function is retrieved ... theorem of calculus, allows one to compute integrals by using an antiderivative of the function to be integrated ...
... general, an integral over a set E of a function f is written Here x need not be a real number, but can be another suitable quantity, for instance, a vector in R3 ... Just as the definite integral of a positive function of one variable represents the area of the region between the graph of the function and the x-axis, the double integral of a positive function of two ... The same volume can be obtained via the triple integral — the integral of a function in three variables — of the constant function f(x, y, z) = 1 over the above mentioned region between the surface and the ...
... Currying is similar to the process of calculating a function of multiple variables for some given values on paper ... For example, given the function f(x,y) = y / x To evaluate f(2,3), first replace x with 2 ... Since the result is a function of y, this function g(y) can be defined as g(y) = f(2,y) = y/2 ...
... Given a function f of a real variable x and an interval of the real line, the definite integral is defined informally to be the area of the region in the ... The term integral may also refer to the notion of the antiderivative, a function F whose derivative is the given function f ... if f is a continuous real-valued function defined on a closed interval, then, once an antiderivative F of f is known, the definite integral of f over that interval is given by Integrals and derivatives ...
... The most prominent roles of mitochondria are to produce the energy currency of the cell, ATP (i.e ... phosphorylation of ADP), through respiration, and to regulate cellular metabolism ...
Famous quotes containing the word function:
“Morality and its victim, the motherwhat a terrible picture! Is there indeed anything more terrible, more criminal, than our glorified sacred function of motherhood?”
—Emma Goldman (18691940)
“To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward.”
—Margaret Fairless Barber (18691901)
“Think of the tools in a tool-box: there is a hammer, pliers, a saw, a screwdriver, a rule, a glue-pot, nails and screws.The function of words are as diverse as the functions of these objects.”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein (18891951)