Function may refer to:
- Function (biology), explaining why a feature survived selection
- Function (computer science), or subroutine, a portion of code within a larger program, performs a specific task
- Function (engineering), related to the selected property of a system
- Function (language), in linguistics, a way of achieving an aim using language
- Function (mathematics), an abstract entity that associates an input to a corresponding output according to some rule
- Function model, a structured representation of the functions, activities or processes
- Function object, or functor or functionoid, a concept of object-oriented programming
- Function Drinks, a beverage company based in Redondo Beach, California.
- Diatonic function, a term in music theory
- Function (E-40 song), a 2012 song by American rapper E-40 featuring YG, iAmSu & Problem
Other articles related to "function":
... Given a function f of a real variable x and an interval of the real line, the definite integral is defined informally to be the area of the region in the xy-plane ... The term integral may also refer to the notion of the antiderivative, a function F whose derivative is the given function f ... developed, integration is connected with differentiation if f is a continuous real-valued function defined on a closed interval, then, once an antiderivative F of f is known ...
... The most prominent roles of mitochondria are to produce the energy currency of the cell, ATP (i.e ... phosphorylation of ADP), through respiration, and to regulate cellular metabolism ...
... are inverse operations if a continuous function is first integrated and then differentiated, the original function is retrieved ... by using an antiderivative of the function to be integrated ...
... Currying is similar to the process of calculating a function of multiple variables for some given values on paper ... For example, given the function f(x,y) = y / x To evaluate f(2,3), first replace x with 2 ... Since the result is a function of y, this function g(y) can be defined as g(y) = f(2,y) = y/2 ...
... In general, an integral over a set E of a function f is written Here x need not be a real number, but can be another suitable quantity, for instance, a vector in R3 ... Just as the definite integral of a positive function of one variable represents the area of the region between the graph of the function and the x-axis, the double integral of ... The same volume can be obtained via the triple integral — the integral of a function in three variables — of the constant function f(x, y, z) = 1 over the ...
Famous quotes containing the word function:
“For me being a poet is a job rather than an activity. I feel I have a function in society, neither more nor less meaningful than any other simple job. I feel it is part of my work to make poetry more accessible to people who have had their rights withdrawn from them.”
—Jeni Couzyn (b. 1942)
“If the children and youth of a nation are afforded opportunity to develop their capacities to the fullest, if they are given the knowledge to understand the world and the wisdom to change it, then the prospects for the future are bright. In contrast, a society which neglects its children, however well it may function in other respects, risks eventual disorganization and demise.”
—Urie Bronfenbrenner (b. 1917)
“The function of the actor is to make the audience imagine for the moment that real things are happening to real people.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)