Hours may refer to:
- The plural of the unit of time, hour
- an expression of time using the 24-hour clock system (e.g. "1300 hours")
- Horae (Hours (mythology)), Greek deities
- Hours, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, a commune in France
- 'Hours...', a 1999 album by British musician David Bowie
- Hours (album), a 2005 album by Welsh rock band Funeral For a Friend
- Carnegie Unit and Student Hour or credit-hours are a measurement of completed coursework at a college or university.
- The Hours (film), a 2002 drama film directed by Stephen Daldry
- The Hours (novel), a 1998 novel written by Michael Cunningham
- Canonical hours or liturgical hours, divisions of the day which are accompanied by prayers from the liturgy of the hours
- Book of Hours, a printed book or often a manuscript containing prayers for such hours (e.g. the "Hours of Catherine of Cleves")
Other articles related to "hours, hour":
... If the Shinkansen connects two cities in less than three hours, most passengers choose the Shinkansen, but if it takes more than four hours by Shinkansen, the majority choose air ... Shinkansen runs between these cities in about two hours or less ... Shinkansen is dominant because of fast (2 hours and 30 minutes) and frequent service (up to every 10 minutes by Nozomi) however, air travel has a certain share (about 20 – 30 percent) ...
... level, 5 km from the summit) it takes about three hours up (including about 45 minute to prepare for crossing the Styggebreen glacier), an hour at the top and about ... It takes four hours walk up, two hours down ...
... is highly protein bound, which results in a longer half life (4 hours) ... Patients on haemodialysis should be given ertapenem at least 6 hours before dialysis ... If it is given less than six hours before dialysis, then the patient should be given an additional dose of 150 mg IV after dialysis ...
... is usually capable of being fertilized for up to 48 hours after it is released from the ovary ... Sperm survive inside the uterus between 48 to 72 hours on average, with the maximum being 120 hours (5 days) ...
... to south these are Cradle Mountain Summit - 2 km, 2–3 hours return ... Barn Bluff - 7 km, 3–4 hours return ... Lake Will - 3 km, 1 hour return ...
Famous quotes containing the word hours:
“For the time of towns is tolled from the world by funereal chimes, but in nature the universal hours are counted by succeeding tribes of animals and plants, and by growth of joy on joy.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The radio ... goes on early in the morning and is listened to at all hours of the day, until nine, ten and often eleven oclock in the evening. This is certainly a sign that the grown-ups have infinite patience, but it also means that the power of absorption of their brains is pretty limited, with exceptions, of courseI dont want to hurt anyones feelings. One or two news bulletins would be ample per day! But the old geese, wellIve said my piece!”
—Anne Frank (19291945)
“There are more truths in twenty-four hours of a mans life than in all the philosophies.”
—Raoul Vaneigem (b. 1934)