Hours may refer to:
- The plural of the unit of time, hour
- an expression of time using the 24-hour clock system (e.g. "1300 hours")
- Horae (Hours (mythology)), Greek deities
- Hours, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, a commune in France
- 'Hours...', a 1999 album by British musician David Bowie
- Hours (album), a 2005 album by Welsh rock band Funeral For a Friend
- Carnegie Unit and Student Hour or credit-hours are a measurement of completed coursework at a college or university.
- The Hours (film), a 2002 drama film directed by Stephen Daldry
- The Hours (novel), a 1998 novel written by Michael Cunningham
- Canonical hours or liturgical hours, divisions of the day which are accompanied by prayers from the liturgy of the hours
- Book of Hours, a printed book or often a manuscript containing prayers for such hours (e.g. the "Hours of Catherine of Cleves")
Other articles related to "hours, hour":
... capable of being fertilized for up to 48 hours after it is released from the ovary ... Sperm survive inside the uterus between 48 to 72 hours on average, with the maximum being 120 hours (5 days) ...
... (1850 metres above sea level, 5 km from the summit) it takes about three hours up (including about 45 minute to prepare for crossing the Styggebreen glacier), an hour at the top and about two hours back ... It takes four hours walk up, two hours down ...
... ertapenem is highly protein bound, which results in a longer half life (4 hours) ... Patients on haemodialysis should be given ertapenem at least 6 hours before dialysis ... If it is given less than six hours before dialysis, then the patient should be given an additional dose of 150 mg IV after dialysis ...
... From north to south these are Cradle Mountain Summit - 2 km, 2–3 hours return ... Barn Bluff - 7 km, 3–4 hours return ... Lake Will - 3 km, 1 hour return ...
... If the Shinkansen connects two cities in less than three hours, most passengers choose the Shinkansen, but if it takes more than four hours by Shinkansen, the majority choose air ... Shinkansen runs between these cities in about two hours or less ... km) Shinkansen is dominant because of fast (2 hours and 30 minutes) and frequent service (up to every 10 minutes by Nozomi) however, air travel has a certain ...
Famous quotes containing the word hours:
“Thus he wastes half his days, and his hours without number,”
—Isaac Watts (16741748)
“It breaks his heart that kings must murder still,
That all his hours of travail here for men
Seem yet in vain. And who will bring white peace
That he may sleep upon his hill again?”
—Vachel Lindsay (18791931)
“For the time of towns is tolled from the world by funereal chimes, but in nature the universal hours are counted by succeeding tribes of animals and plants, and by growth of joy on joy.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)