Working may refer to:
- Working (musical), a 1978 musical
- Working (TV series), a situation comedy
- Working (book), a book by Studs Terkel
- Working!!, a manga by Karino Takatsu
- Holbrook Working (1895–1985), statistician and economist
- Working the system, using the rules and procedures meant to protect a system in order, instead, to manipulate the system for a desired outcome
- Cold working, the strengthening of a metal by plastic deformation
- Hot working, processes where metals are plastically deformed above their recrystallization temperature
- Multiple working, having more than one locomotive hauling a train under the control of one driver
- Live-line working, the maintenance of electrical equipment, often operating at high voltage, while the equipment is energised
- Single-line working, using one train track out of two
Other articles related to "working":
... In 1936, while working for Pohl, von Ohain earned a patent on his version of jet engines, Process and Apparatus for Producing Airstreams for Propelling Airplanes ... While working at the University, von Ohain often took his sports car to be serviced at a local garage, Bartles and Becker ... larger in diameter than Whittle's 1937 fully working engine, although much shorter along the thrust axis ...
... change was revolutionizing the life of the working classes ... produced hardship among peasants and the working urban poor ... Working-class objectives tended to fall in line with those of the middle class ...
... The breeding of working dogs originated from selecting highly intelligent, hardy, alert mixed-breed dogs ... Working dogs resulted when dogs with similar desirable characteristics, such as loyalty and good temperament, were bred ... As a result, many working breeds are sought after as family pets ...
... The Working Men's Parties (whose members were known as "the Workies") were the first labor-oriented political organizations in the United States ... The first Working Men's Party was founded in Philadelphia in 1828 ... Additionally, party member George Henry Evans established the Working Man’s Advocate, the first labor newspaper, in 1829 ...
... While working there, he saw some animation by Takashi Nakamura in ‘Gold Lightan’, an otherwise standard mecha TV series by a rival studio ... This opened many doors for him, from working as animation director on Otomo’s landmark feature ‘Akira’ and a chance to direct a short for the ‘Robot Carnival’ anthology ... He is currently working on ‘Sachiko’, his second feature-length film ...
Famous quotes containing the word working:
“We deny your internationalism, because it is a luxury which only the upper classes can afford; the working people are hopelessly bound to their native shores.”
—Benito Mussolini (18831945)
“One of the necessary qualifications of an efficient business man in these days of industrial literature seems to be the ability to write, in clear and idiomatic English, a 1,000-word story on how efficient he is and how he got that way.... It seems that the entire business world were devoting its working hours to the creation of a school of introspective literature.”
—Robert Benchley (18891945)
“I meet him at every turn. He is more alive than ever he was. He has earned immortality. He is not confined to North Elba nor to Kansas. He is no longer working in secret. He works in public, and in the clearest light that shines on this land.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)