Working may refer to:
- Working (musical), a 1978 musical
- Working (TV series), a situation comedy
- Working (book), a book by Studs Terkel
- Working!!, a manga by Karino Takatsu
- Holbrook Working (1895–1985), statistician and economist
- Working the system, using the rules and procedures meant to protect a system in order, instead, to manipulate the system for a desired outcome
- Cold working, the strengthening of a metal by plastic deformation
- Hot working, processes where metals are plastically deformed above their recrystallization temperature
- Multiple working, having more than one locomotive hauling a train under the control of one driver
- Live-line working, the maintenance of electrical equipment, often operating at high voltage, while the equipment is energised
- Single-line working, using one train track out of two
Other articles related to "working":
... While working there, he saw some animation by Takashi Nakamura in ‘Gold Lightan’, an otherwise standard mecha TV series by a rival studio ... This opened many doors for him, from working as animation director on Otomo’s landmark feature ‘Akira’ and a chance to direct a short for the ‘Robot Carnival’ anthology ... He is currently working on ‘Sachiko’, his second feature-length film ...
... Technological change was revolutionizing the life of the working classes ... that produced hardship among peasants and the working urban poor ... Working-class objectives tended to fall in line with those of the middle class ...
... The Working Men's Parties (whose members were known as "the Workies") were the first labor-oriented political organizations in the United States ... The first Working Men's Party was founded in Philadelphia in 1828 ... party member George Henry Evans established the Working Man’s Advocate, the first labor newspaper, in 1829 ...
... In 1936, while working for Pohl, von Ohain earned a patent on his version of jet engines, Process and Apparatus for Producing Airstreams for Propelling Airplanes ... While working at the University, von Ohain often took his sports car to be serviced at a local garage, Bartles and Becker ... The completed model was even larger in diameter than Whittle's 1937 fully working engine, although much shorter along the thrust axis ...
... The breeding of working dogs originated from selecting highly intelligent, hardy, alert mixed-breed dogs ... Working dogs resulted when dogs with similar desirable characteristics, such as loyalty and good temperament, were bred ... As a result, many working breeds are sought after as family pets ...
Famous quotes containing the word working:
“To get away from ones working environment is, in a sense, to get away from ones self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.”
—Charles Horton Cooley (18641929)
“If the devil were to offer me a resurgence of what is commonly called virility, Id decline. Just keep my liver and lungs in good working order, Id reply, so I can go on drinking and smoking!”
—Luis Buñuel (19001983)
“Work is an essential part of being alive. Your work is your identity. It tells you who you are. Its gotten so abstract. People dont work for the sake of working. Theyre working for a car, a new house, or a vacation. Its not the work itself thats important to them. Theres such a joy in doing work well.”
—Kay Stepkin, U.S. baker. As quoted in Working, book 8, by Studs Terkel (1973)