Working may refer to:
- Working (musical), a 1978 musical
- Working (TV series), a situation comedy
- Working (book), a book by Studs Terkel
- Working!!, a manga by Karino Takatsu
- Holbrook Working (1895–1985), statistician and economist
- Working the system, using the rules and procedures meant to protect a system in order, instead, to manipulate the system for a desired outcome
- Cold working, the strengthening of a metal by plastic deformation
- Hot working, processes where metals are plastically deformed above their recrystallization temperature
- Multiple working, having more than one locomotive hauling a train under the control of one driver
- Live-line working, the maintenance of electrical equipment, often operating at high voltage, while the equipment is energised
- Single-line working, using one train track out of two
Other articles related to "working":
... In 1936, while working for Pohl, von Ohain earned a patent on his version of jet engines, Process and Apparatus for Producing Airstreams for Propelling Airplanes ... While working at the University, von Ohain often took his sports car to be serviced at a local garage, Bartles and Becker ... even larger in diameter than Whittle's 1937 fully working engine, although much shorter along the thrust axis ...
... The breeding of working dogs originated from selecting highly intelligent, hardy, alert mixed-breed dogs ... Working dogs resulted when dogs with similar desirable characteristics, such as loyalty and good temperament, were bred ... As a result, many working breeds are sought after as family pets ...
... Technological change was revolutionizing the life of the working classes ... of 1846, that produced hardship among peasants and the working urban poor ... Working-class objectives tended to fall in line with those of the middle class ...
... The Working Men's Parties (whose members were known as "the Workies") were the first labor-oriented political organizations in the United States ... The first Working Men's Party was founded in Philadelphia in 1828 ... party member George Henry Evans established the Working Man’s Advocate, the first labor newspaper, in 1829 ...
... While working there, he saw some animation by Takashi Nakamura in ‘Gold Lightan’, an otherwise standard mecha TV series by a rival studio ... This opened many doors for him, from working as animation director on Otomo’s landmark feature ‘Akira’ and a chance to direct a short for the ‘Robot Carnival ... He is currently working on ‘Sachiko’, his second feature-length film ...
Famous quotes containing the word working:
“United Fruit... United Thieves Company... its a monopoly ... if you wont take their prices they let your limes rot on the wharf; its a monopoly. You boys are working for a bunch of thieves, but I know it aint your fault.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)
“It is not only a question of who is responsible for very young children. There is no longer anyone home to care for adolescents and the elderly. There is no one around to take in the car for repair or to let the plumber in. Working families are faced with daily dilemmas: Who will take care of a sick child? Who will go to the big soccer game? Who will attend the teacher conference?”
—Fran Sussner Rodgers (20th century)
“To get away from ones working environment is, in a sense, to get away from ones self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.”
—Charles Horton Cooley (18641929)