Pause may refer to a rest, hesitation, or temporary stop.
- Fermata, a musical pause of indefinite duration
- Pause key, the Pause/Break key on computer keyboards
- Stop playing audio or video, with the possibility to continue (in the case of video: with a still image)
- pause (DOS command)
Pause may also refer to:
- Pause (album), a 2001 album by Four Tet
- "Pause" (Run-D.M.C. song), a 1990 song by Run-D.M.C. on their album Back from Hell Pricks
- "Pause" (song), a song by Jay Dee (a.k.a. J Dilla)
- Pause (film), a 1964 film by Andy Warhol
- Pause (slang), as a slang term in hiphop music as a synonym for no homo
- "Pause", an episode from the third season of The Boondocks
- Pausa, the end of an utterance in linguistics
- The Perl Authors Upload Server (PAUSE), an interface for uploading Perl modules to the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network
Other articles related to "pause, pauses":
... Consonant gemination does not happen when a pause occurs on the boundary of word in question In particular, the initial gemination may be conditioned by ... after metà if there is even a slight pause, as prima is part of the adjunct, a sentence element easily isolated phonologically from the main clause within the prosodic hierarchy ...
... "Pause" was the first single released from Run–D.M.C.'s fifth studio album, Back from Hell ... "Pause" peaked at number 51 on the Billboard Hot Black Singles chart and number 11 on the Hot Rap Singles chart ...
... to the following order A1 C1 B1 A2 C2 B2 A3 C3 B3 C4 A4 B4 PAUSE BREATH C5 B5 A5 C6 B6 A6 C7 B7 A7 B8 C8 A8 PAUSE BREATH B9 A9 C9 B10 A10 C10 B11 A11 C11 B12 A12 C12 ... The pauses “follow moments in which each of the voices confronts a moment of doubt, spatial, temporal or psychological confusion” ...
2004 Lucky Punch 2004 Sabine 2004 Wo bleibst du Baby 2004 ZACK 2005 ZACK 2006 Disneys Kurze Pause 2006 Unser Charly 2006 Disney-Weihnachtssong Winterwunderzeit 2006 LEO-Ein fast ...
... For the past two years, now going on three, Howards Grove High School has hosted "Pause for a Cause." This is a community fundraising event run and organized by students to raise money for ... Events at "Pause for a Cause" have included a Brat Fry, Dodge-Ball tournament, T-shirt sales, Silent Auction, Children's Games and Activities, and even a Poker Tournament ...
Famous quotes containing the word pause:
“After a pause at Balls Hill, the St. Annes of Concord voyageurs, not to say any prayer for the success of our voyage, but to gather the few berries which were still left on the hills, hanging by very slender threads, we weighed anchor again, and were soon out of sight of our native village. The land seemed to grow fairer as we withdrew from it.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“poems direct as what the birds said,
hard as a floor, sound as a bench,
mysterious as the silence when the tailor
would pause with his needle in the air.”
—Denise Levertov (b. 1923)