Executive Committee may refer to:
- The Executive Committee of the Privy Council of Northern Ireland, a government body in the United Kingdom 1922–1972
- The Northern Ireland Executive, a government body in the United Kingdom
- Northern Ireland Executive (1973), under the Sunningdale Agreement
- Any executive (government)
- (in Russia and the Soviet Union) a type of executive power (locally abbreviated as Ispolkom) that in March 1917 replaced the governorate system of government, see Russian Provisional Government
- EXCOMM (Executive Committee of the National Security Council) Kennedy advisors during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis
- Common abbreviations
- ExCo (used both for "Executive committee" and "Executive council").
- See also
- Executive committee, a more general discussion of organizational structure
- Central Executive Committee (disambiguation), a related term
Other articles related to "executive, executive committee, committee":
... Joe Werner, executive director of the State Democratic Party, had been called by a Colbert representative three weeks before the announcement, for queries regarding filing dates and other ... Carolina Democratic Primary requires the approval of the State Democratic Party's Executive Committee, which must declare a candidate viable before adding him to the ... of what constitutes viability is up to the Executive Committee alone ...
... The Municipal Council is advised by the Metropolitan Executive Committee, although the Committee also has limited power to make decisions of its own ... All representatives on the Committee are appointed by the metropolitan mayor and the Council, with the mayor—or someone of his or her choosing—serving as head ... a democratically elected decision-making body—the Provincial Parliament—and an appointed Executive Committee ...
... Filer, librarian Executive committee Isaiah ... Danaher,treasurer Betty Danaher, librarian Executive committee Mrs ... An effort was made by Eugene Allen of the executive committee and a few others to reorganize a new library, however nothing serious came of this for ...
... On February 13, 1924, the All-Russian Central Executive Committee (VTsIK) officially defined the South-East as the area comprising the territories of Don ... abolished and replaced with four new okrugs, which were further divided into districts by the Executive Committee of Kuban-Black Sea Oblast on July 19, 1924 ... of October 16, 1924 and by the Resolution of the Krai Executive Committee of November 16, 1924 ...
... Gupta has previously served as a Bay Area Council Executive Committee member, and hosted both Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings ... In it they stated that Gupta had been a Bay Area Council Executive Committee member, on the board for the US Department of Energy's Sandia National Laboratories, and on the board of the San Jose Museum of Art ...
Famous quotes containing the words committee and/or executive:
“A committee is organic rather than mechanical in its nature: it is not a structure but a plant. It takes root and grows, it flowers, wilts, and dies, scattering the seed from which other committees will bloom in their turn.”
—C. Northcote Parkinson (19091993)
“When you give power to an executive you do not know who will be filling that position when the time of crisis comes.”
—Ernest Hemingway (18991961)