Event can refer to many things such as:
- An observable occurrence, phenomenon or an extraordinary occurrence
A type of gathering:
- A ceremony, for example, a marriage
- A competition, for example, a sports competition
- A convention (meeting), also known as a conference
- A happening, a performance or situation meant to be considered as art
- A festival, for example, a musical event
- A media event, a happening that attracts coverage by mass media
- A party (including internal business function or staff party)
- A sporting event
- A corporate or business function, a profit driven event meant to raise awareness of a company's brand and/or products & services.
In science, technology, and mathematics:
- Event (computing), a software message indicating that something has happened, such as a keystroke or mouse click
- Event (synchronization primitive), a type of synchronization mechanism.
- Event, Particle accelerator, experiments which produce high energy (Electron volt|MeV, GeV, and TeV) subatomic particle collisions
- Event (probability theory), a set of outcomes to which a probability is assigned
- Event (UML), in Unified Modeling Language, a notable occurrence at a particular point in time
- Event chain methodology, in project management
- Event (relativity), a point in space at an instant in time, i.e. a location in spacetime
- Event horizon, a boundary in spacetime, typically surrounding a black hole, beyond which events cannot affect an exterior observer
- Extinction event, a sharp decrease in the number of species in a short period of time
- Celestial event, an astronomical phenomenon of interest
- Event (philosophy), an object in time, or an instantiation of a property in an object
- Mental event, something that happens in the mind, such as a thought
- Grouped Events, the experience of two or more events that occur in sequence or concurrently that can be subsequently categorized
In Film, television, theatre and literature:
- The Event, an American conspiracy thriller television series for NBC
- The Event (film), 2003 film directed by Thom Fitzgerald
- Derren Brown: The Events.
- Event, a literary magazine published by Douglas College
Other articles related to "event, events":
... Asian Games, officially known as the XV Asiad, is Asia's Olympic-style sporting event that was held in Doha, Qatar from December 1 to December 15, 2006 ... There were 46 disciplines from 39 events scheduled to be contested ... of the Olympic Council of Asia took part in this event ...
1991, she became the first Indonesian player to win a major professional tennis event when she captured the singles titles at Pattaya ... Her best result in doubles competition at a Grand Slam event was in the 1993 US Open, where she and partner Nana Miyagi reached the semifinals ... She won the $10k event at Bangkok in Thailand, in June with Indonesian-born Australian Tiffany Welford ...
... The event is considered to be weak, by the standards of Hadith authentication ... exegesis, says the following, with regards to the event ...
... Relay For Life - Cancer fight fund-raising event from all walks of life, including patients, medical support staff, local businesses, friends, families ... This yearly event is held at Person High School Stadium in late September ... Flat River Antique Engine and Tractor Show - This two-day event attracts many exhibitors and visitors with demonstrations and displays based on the rich agricultural heritage of Person County ...
... A limited edition €10 coin was produced for the event by the German government, which was only the third occasion that they had done so for a sporting event ... The colour scheme of the event, including the official logo, advertising, and the Olympiastadion's track and field, was blue and green ... stated that blue represented reliability while green represented the event's environmental ambitions ...
Famous quotes containing the word event:
“There is nothing that I shudder at more than the idea of a separation of the Union. Should such an event ever happen, which I fervently pray God to avert, from that date I view our liberty gone.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“Surely one of the peculiar habits of circumstances is the way they follow, in their eternal recurrence, a single course. If an event happens once in a life, it may be depended upon to repeat later its general design.”
—Ellen Glasgow (18731945)
“There is not any present moment that is unconnected with some future one. The life of every man is a continued chain of incidents, each link of which hangs upon the former. The transition from cause to effect, from event to event, is often carried on by secret steps, which our foresight cannot divine, and our sagacity is unable to trace. Evil may at some future period bring forth good; and good may bring forth evil, both equally unexpected.”
—Joseph Addison (16721719)