Main may refer to:
- Main (river), a major river and tributary of the Rhine in Germany
- Main River (Chukotka), a river in Far Eastern Siberia
- Main River, an unincorporated community in Weldford Parish, New Brunswick, Canada
- Main River (Newfoundland), a river in Newfoundland, Canada
- Main (Northern Ireland), a river in Northern Ireland as seen at Map of Northern Ireland near the town of Ballymena
- Saint Laurent Boulevard, a street in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is known as "The Main"
- Spanish Main, a name given to the Caribbean coast
- Main Street, a generic street name
- Main (lunar crater), a crater on the moon
- Main function (programming), a common function in some programming languages
- Main (surname), people with the surname Main
- Main (band), experimental musicians
- Ma'in, alternate spelling for the Minaeans, an ancient people of modern-day Yemen during the 1st millennium BC
- Water main
- Main course
- Gas main
- Chas. T. Main, an engineering company, later bought by Parsons Corporation
- main as a synonym for the ocean, as in the song "Sailing, Sailing"
- Mountain Area Information Network, an Internet service provider and web hosting service and operator of WPVM-LP (MAIN-FM) Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Other articles related to "main":
... Takuya Aihara (相原拓也/たくや) The Main Character ... Chemistry Club President after Asami Satoh, who has already graduated before the main storyline of the game ...
... JR East and Keikyū platforms are located in the main above ground portion of Yokohama Station. 1 ■Keikyū Main Line Kamiōoka, Yokosuka-Chuo, Uraga, Miurakaigan 2 ■Keikyū Main Line Keikyu Kamata, Shinagawa, Segakuji, Haneda Airport, Through service for Toei Asakusa Line, Keisei Main ... Shibuya The Yokohama Municipal Subway is located on the 3rd underground floor, west of the main station ...
... As a bicycle route, there are the options of a main and a scenic route ... The shorter main route (95 km) leads bicyclists through many picturesque little towns such as Lauenburg, Büchen, Mölln and Krummsee and also passes by the Lüne Monastery ... The 106 km long path diverges from the main thoroughfare at Witzeeze, continues on through the Lauenburg Nature Park and rejoins the main route just before Lübeck ...
... QAD sells its products and services to companies in six main industries automotive, consumer products, high technology, food and beverage, industrial ... QAD's main product suite is called QAD Enterprise Applications (prior to 2007 the main suite name was MFG/PRO) and uses year designations to denote versions ...
... hanja K2 '黒豹') is a Republic of Korea main battle tank that will replace most of the various models of M48 Patton tanks and complement the K1 series of main battle tanks currently fielded by the ... is currently on hold due to concerns regarding its transmission and main engine ...
Famous quotes containing the word main:
“Greece is a sort of American vassal; the Netherlands is the country of American bases that grow like tulip bulbs; Cuba is the main sugar plantation of the American monopolies; Turkey is prepared to kow-tow before any United States pro-consul and Canada is the boring second fiddle in the American symphony.”
—Andrei Andreyevich Gromyko (19091989)
“Aggression, the writers main source of energy.”
—Ted Solotaroff (b. 1928)
“When an Indian is burned, his body may be broiled, it may be no more than a beefsteak. What of that? They may broil his heart, but they do not therefore broil his courage,his principles. Be of good courage! That is the main thing.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)