Main may refer to:
- Main (river), a major river and tributary of the Rhine in Germany
- Main River (Chukotka), a river in Far Eastern Siberia
- Main River, an unincorporated community in Weldford Parish, New Brunswick, Canada
- Main River (Newfoundland), a river in Newfoundland, Canada
- Main (Northern Ireland), a river in Northern Ireland as seen at Map of Northern Ireland near the town of Ballymena
- Saint Laurent Boulevard, a street in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is known as "The Main"
- Spanish Main, a name given to the Caribbean coast
- Main Street, a generic street name
- Main (lunar crater), a crater on the moon
- Main function (programming), a common function in some programming languages
- Main (surname), people with the surname Main
- Main (band), experimental musicians
- Ma'in, alternate spelling for the Minaeans, an ancient people of modern-day Yemen during the 1st millennium BC
- Water main
- Main course
- Gas main
- Chas. T. Main, an engineering company, later bought by Parsons Corporation
- main as a synonym for the ocean, as in the song "Sailing, Sailing"
- Mountain Area Information Network, an Internet service provider and web hosting service and operator of WPVM-LP (MAIN-FM) Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Other articles related to "main":
... sells its products and services to companies in six main industries automotive, consumer products, high technology, food and beverage, industrial equipment and life sciences ... QAD's main product suite is called QAD Enterprise Applications (prior to 2007 the main suite name was MFG/PRO) and uses year designations to denote versions ...
... K2 Black Panther (Hangul K2 '흑표', hanja K2 '黒豹') is a Republic of Korea main battle tank that will replace most of the various models of M48 Patton tanks and complement the K1 ... due to concerns regarding its transmission and main engine ...
... and Keikyū platforms are located in the main above ground portion of Yokohama Station. 1 ■Keikyū Main Line Kamiōoka, Yokosuka-Chuo, Uraga, Miurakaigan 2 ■Keikyū Main Line Keikyu Kamata, Shinagawa, Segakuji, Haneda Airport, Through service ... is located on the 3rd underground floor, west of the main station ...
... Takuya Aihara (相原拓也/たくや) The Main Character ... Club President after Asami Satoh, who has already graduated before the main storyline of the game ...
... As a bicycle route, there are the options of a main and a scenic route ... The shorter main route (95 km) leads bicyclists through many picturesque little towns such as Lauenburg, Büchen, Mölln and Krummsee and also passes by ... The 106 km long path diverges from the main thoroughfare at Witzeeze, continues on through the Lauenburg Nature Park and rejoins the main route just before Lübeck ...
Famous quotes containing the word main:
“The main object of a revolution is the liberation of man ... not the interpretation and application of some transcendental ideology.”
—Jean Genet (19101986)
“One of the main tasks of adolescence is to achieve an identitynot necessarily a knowledge of who we are, but a clarification of the range of what we might become, a set of self-references by which we can make sense of our responses, and justify our decisions and goals.”
—Terri Apter (20th century)
“I have done almost every human activity inside a taxi which does not require main drainage.”
—Alan Brien (b. 1925)