Main may refer to:
- Main (river), a major river and tributary of the Rhine in Germany
- Main River (Chukotka), a river in Far Eastern Siberia
- Main River, an unincorporated community in Weldford Parish, New Brunswick, Canada
- Main River (Newfoundland), a river in Newfoundland, Canada
- Main (Northern Ireland), a river in Northern Ireland as seen at Map of Northern Ireland near the town of Ballymena
- Saint Laurent Boulevard, a street in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is known as "The Main"
- Spanish Main, a name given to the Caribbean coast
- Main Street, a generic street name
- Main (lunar crater), a crater on the moon
- Main function (programming), a common function in some programming languages
- Main (surname), people with the surname Main
- Main (band), experimental musicians
- Ma'in, alternate spelling for the Minaeans, an ancient people of modern-day Yemen during the 1st millennium BC
- Water main
- Main course
- Gas main
- Chas. T. Main, an engineering company, later bought by Parsons Corporation
- main as a synonym for the ocean, as in the song "Sailing, Sailing"
- Mountain Area Information Network, an Internet service provider and web hosting service and operator of WPVM-LP (MAIN-FM) Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Other articles related to "main":
... As a bicycle route, there are the options of a main and a scenic route ... The shorter main route (95 km) leads bicyclists through many picturesque little towns such as Lauenburg, Büchen, Mölln and Krummsee and also passes by the Lüne Monastery ... The 106 km long path diverges from the main thoroughfare at Witzeeze, continues on through the Lauenburg Nature Park and rejoins the main route just before ...
... K2 '흑표', hanja K2 '黒豹') is a Republic of Korea main battle tank that will replace most of the various models of M48 Patton tanks and complement the K1 series of ... is currently on hold due to concerns regarding its transmission and main engine ...
... JR East and Keikyū platforms are located in the main above ground portion of Yokohama Station. 1 ■Keikyū Main Line Kamiōoka, Yokosuka-Chuo, Uraga, Miurakaigan 2 ■Keikyū Main Line Keikyu Kamata, Shinagawa, Segakuji, Haneda Airport, Through service for Toei Asakusa Line ... is located on the 3rd underground floor, west of the main station ...
... QAD sells its products and services to companies in six main industries automotive, consumer products, high technology, food and beverage, industrial equipment and life sciences ... QAD's main product suite is called QAD Enterprise Applications (prior to 2007 the main suite name was MFG/PRO) and uses year designations to denote versions ...
... Takuya Aihara (相原拓也/たくや) The Main Character ... the Chemistry Club President after Asami Satoh, who has already graduated before the main storyline of the game ...
Famous quotes containing the word main:
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
—Bible: New Testament John 8:32.
These words of Jesus are inscribed on the wall of the main lobby at the CIA headquarters, Langley, Virginia.
“Sinclair Lewis is the perfect example of the false sense of time of the newspaper world.... [ellipsis in source] He was always dominated by an artificial time when he wrote Main Street.... He did not create actual human beings at any time. That is what makes it newspaper. Sinclair Lewis is the typical newspaperman and everything he says is newspaper. The difference between a thinker and a newspaperman is that a thinker enters right into things, a newspaperman is superficial.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)
“The main effect of a real revolution is perhaps that it sweeps away those who do not know how to wish, and brings to the front men with insatiable appetites for action, power and all that the world has to offer.”
—Eric Hoffer (19021983)