Science and Technology
- Cfa is one of two symbols for the Humid subtropical climate under the Köppen climate classification system
- cfa is the file extension for an Adobe Premiere Pro audio file
- Color filter array, a mosaic of tiny color filters placed over an image sensor to capture color information
- CompactFlash Association, a mass storage device format used in portable electronic devices
- Complete Freund's Adjuvant, an immunopotentiator composed of inactivated and dried mycobacteria
- Component Failure Analysis, a method used to evaluate an electronic circuit's operation or function during adverse component conditions, often used in FMEA's.
- Confirmatory factor analysis, statistical method used to explain variability among observed random variables
- Continuous flow analysis, an automated analyzer using a special flow technique
- Control flow analysis, in computer science
- Crossed-field amplifier, a specialized vacuum tube used as a microwave amplifier
- Crossed field antenna, a type of antenna for long and mediumwave broadcasting
- Cryptogenic fibrosing alveolitis, an archaic term for Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Current-feedback operational amplifier, a type of operational amplifier
- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, an American astronomy research and education institution
- A Customer Facility Assignment, a document that allows different telecommunications carriers to interconnect.
Read more about this topic: CFA
Other articles related to "science, science and technology, technology, science and":
... The National Science Board established the Vannevar Bush Award (/væˈniːvər/ van-NEE-vər) in 1980 to honor Dr ... Presidents, and the force behind the establishment of the National Science Foundation ... and encouragement of research and education in science and technology as well as the development of a national science policy ...
... in library and information science Charles Elachi, M.S. 1955 – physicist former president, California Institute of Technology Anna Lee Fisher, B.S ... Advisory to the Food and Drug Administration, National Science Foundation, the National Research Foundation, and the Ford Foundation David Ho – physician and AIDS researcher 1996 Time Person of the Year ...
... was an American engineer, inventor and science administrator known for his work on analog computers, for his role as an initiator and administrator of the Manhattan Project, for founding Raytheon ... some six thousand leading American scientists in the application of science to warfare ... intellectual during World War II, when he was in effect the first presidential science advisor ...
... what would eventually become the World Academy of Art and Science in 1960 ... did he attend the first Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs in 1957 ... of managing the power of knowledge in a world in which the freedom of science to exchange ideas was more and more hobbled by political concerns ...
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by politicians ... (SCAMs), where an organization or think tank makes it their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
Famous quotes containing the words science and, technology and/or science:
“The most useful and honorable science and occupation for a woman is the science of housekeeping. I know some that are miserly, very few that are good managers.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“The real accomplishment of modern science and technology consists in taking ordinary men, informing them narrowly and deeply and then, through appropriate organization, arranging to have their knowledge combined with that of other specialized but equally ordinary men. This dispenses with the need for genius. The resulting performance, though less inspiring, is far more predictable.”
—John Kenneth Galbraith (b. 1908)
“Every known fact in natural science was divined by the presentiment of somebody, before it was actually verified.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)