Britain may refer to:
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, a sovereign state in western Europe
- Kingdom of Great Britain, a sovereign state from 1707 to 1801
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, a sovereign state from 1801 to 1922 (and between 1922 and 1927 in its superseded form)
- Great Britain, the largest island in the British Isles and the largest island in Europe
- Great Britain (disambiguation)
- Prehistoric Britain, Britain prior to 43 AD
- Roman Britain or Britannia, a Roman province covering most of modern England and Wales and some of southern Scotland from 43 to 410 AD
- Sub-Roman Britain, Britain from 410 AD to 597
- Britain in the Middle Ages, various parts of Britain from 410 AD to 1485
- Early Modern Britain, Britain from the Tudor period, from 1485 to 1707
- Britain (placename), the place name Britain and its toponymy
- British Isles, a group of islands that includes Great Britain, Ireland, and other islands
- Terminology of the British Isles, discusses the sometimes ambiguous or contentious names for parts of the island group
- British Empire, during the 19th to early 20th century
- British (disambiguation), adjective meaning from/of Britain; and derived senses
Other articles related to "britain":
5 7 ... Netherlands 4 ... Australia 2 ... Great Britain 0 ... Denmark is promoted to Division I while Australia and Great ...
... Paine's Age of Reason sparked enough anger in Britain to initiate not only a series of government prosecutions but also a pamphlet war ... In Britain, it was this freethinking tradition that continued Paine's legacy ...
... Large quantities of undelivered goods were in Britain or in transit when Lend-Lease terminated on 2 September 1945 ... Britain wished to retain some of this equipment in the immediate post war period ... the post-war Anglo-American loan further indebted Britain to the U.S ...
... Calvin Britain 1800–1862, American politician from Michigan Kristen Britain, novelist from New York state ...
... In Britain today this word is sometimes superseded by the newer term "chav". ...
Famous quotes containing the word britain:
“I th worlds volume
Our Britain seems as of it, but not in t;
In a great pool a swans nest.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“When Britain first, at Heavens command,
Arose from out the azure main,
This was the charter of her land,
And guardian angels sung the strain:
Rule, Britannia! Britannia rules the waves!
Britons never shall be slaves.”
—James Thomson (17001748)
“I see no cameras! Where are the cameras?”
—Mary, Queen of Great Britain (18671953)