Command may refer to:
- Command (computing), a statement in a computer language
- COMMAND.COM, the default operating system shell and command-line interpreter for DOS
- Command (military formation), an organizational unit
- Command key, a modifier key on Apple Macintosh computer keyboards
- Command pattern, a software design pattern in which objects represent actions
- Command Records, a record label
- Command (album), a 2009 studio album by Client
- Command paper, a policy paper or report issued by, for or to the British government
- Command and control, the exercise of authority in a military organization
- Command, a sentence using the imperative mood
- Command (baseball), the ability of a pitcher to throw a pitch where he intends to
- Command (teaching style)
Other articles related to "commands, command":
... in programming terminology, of which there are two types commands (which do something—effects—but do not return a value) like print ... A command is similar to a Pascal procedure, and an operation is similar to a Pascal function ... (See also command-query separation, where a query is an operation in Logo) ...
... IO system IBM DB2 LUW supports a Quiesce command that is used to indicate a state for which all users have been locked out of a database or an ... See DB2 Quiesce Command IBM DB2 for z/OS, OS/390 and IBM i Operating System has a utility command called QUIESCE, used in order to make it write all data belonging to a certain database (a logical ... IBM DB2 for z/OS and OS/390 also supports a command SET LOG SUSPEND that technically speaking, stops it from writing to the log, in fact freezing any database activity (except for most queries) ...
... As of 22 May, 2012 its command personnel includes Commander Colonel Terry Cook Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major Richard Clark ...
... Main article Eastern Military High Command of East Pakistan Since its unification with Pakistan, the East Pakistan Army had consisted of only one infantry brigade, which was made up of ... This weak brigade, under the command of Brigadier-General Ayub Khan (local rank Major-General – GOC of 14th Army Division), together with the East Pakistan Rifles which was tasked with defending East ... armed forces were commanded by the unified command structure, the Eastern Military High Command, led by an officer of three-star rank equivalent ...
... North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD, /ˈnɔræd/) is a joint organization of Canada and the United States that provides aerospace warning, air sovereignty, and defense for the two ... Headquarters NORAD and the NORAD/USNORTHCOM command center are located at Peterson Air Force Base in El Paso County, near Colorado Springs, Colorado ... The nearby Cheyenne Mountain nuclear bunker has the Alternate Command Center ...
Famous quotes containing the word command:
“For experience showed her that she had not, by marrying a man of a large fortune, obtained any great proportion of property which she could call her own or command at her pleasure.”
—Sarah Fielding (17101768)
“I, who should command a regiment,
Do amble amiably here, O God,
One of the neat ones in your awkward squad.”
—Norman Cameron (b. 1905)
“We cant command our love, but we can our actions.”
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (18591930)