Front may refer to:
- as common noun
- Front (military), area where armies are engaged in conflict
- Front (Russian Empire), Front (Soviet Army), types of military formations
- Front (sociology), term used by Goffman
- Front organization
- Ice front of a glacier
- Front of a coin (see Obverse and reverse)
- Grill (jewelry), also known as "front", jewelry for teeth
- Weather front
- Front (Oceanography), a place where two water masses come together in the ocean
- as proper noun
- The Front, 1976 film
- The Front, now part of the Delaware Park-Front Park System, in Buffalo, New York, United States
- The Front (band), an American rock band signed to Columbia Records and active in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- The Front (Canadian band), a Canadian studio band from the 1980s
- "The Front" (The Simpsons episode)
- Front (magazine), British men's magazine
- Front, Piedmont, Italian municipality
- Front, California, former name of Brown, California
- Front Illustrated Paper, Yugoslav Peoples Army publication
- as adjective
- Front and back, phonetics terms
- Front vowel
Other articles related to "front":
... The Vietnamese Fatherland Front (Vietnamese Mặt Trận Tổ Quốc Việt Nam) founded February 1977 (merged Vietnamese Fatherland Front of North Vietnam, National ... that participated in the establishment of the Front were the remnants of the Viet Cong, the Vietnamese General Confederation of Labour, Vietnamese Pioneer Young Union and the Ho Chi Minh Communist ... The Front is described by the Vietnamese government as "the political base of people's power." It is intended to have a significant role in society, promoting "national ...
... Furthermore, front-wheel drive vehicles tend to wear the front tires at a greater rate compared to the rear tires ... is the procedure of moving tires to different car positions, such as front-to-rear, in order to even out the wear, thereby extending the life of the tire ...
... The 2011 model year car gets a new front fascia to more closely resemble the current Volkswagen styling direction, first seen on the Golf Mk VI ... Note the front will not be in black like the Golf, but in chrome.) This includes new LED running lights, bi-xenon headlights and a new bumper with ... In the five-seat version, the front seats can be adjusted 12 ways ...
... A cold front tends to give less warning of its approach because it usually moves faster than a warm front and has a narrower band of clouds and weather ... If the cold front is active enough to produce thunderstorms, anvil cirrus clouds may spread ahead of the front as a warning of its approach ... cloud types associated with a cold front are mostly cumuliform or stratocumuliform, with mid-level altocumulus giving way to lower stratocumulus and intermittent light precipitation if there is only ...
... Seats Engine Type Notes U-models (1928-1935) U-16 16 front transit or parlor coach U-29 29 front transit or parlor coach V-models (1930-1936) V-29 29 front parlor ...
Famous quotes containing the word front:
“Let him front the object of his worst apprehension, and his stoutness will commonly make his fear groundless.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“You know, some of these folks look as queer in church as a mule does in the front parlor.”
—Howard Estabrook (18841978)
“The monster of advertisement ... is a sort of octopus with innumerable tentacles. It throws out to right and left, in front and behind, its clammy arms, and gathers in, through its thousand little suckers, all the gossip and slander and praise afloat, to spit out again at the public.”
—Sarah Bernhardt (18441923)