Front may refer to:
- as common noun
- Front (military), area where armies are engaged in conflict
- Front (Russian Empire), Front (Soviet Army), types of military formations
- Front (sociology), term used by Goffman
- Front organization
- Ice front of a glacier
- Front of a coin (see Obverse and reverse)
- Grill (jewelry), also known as "front", jewelry for teeth
- Weather front
- Front (Oceanography), a place where two water masses come together in the ocean
- as proper noun
- The Front, 1976 film
- The Front, now part of the Delaware Park-Front Park System, in Buffalo, New York, United States
- The Front (band), an American rock band signed to Columbia Records and active in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- The Front (Canadian band), a Canadian studio band from the 1980s
- "The Front" (The Simpsons episode)
- Front (magazine), British men's magazine
- Front, Piedmont, Italian municipality
- Front, California, former name of Brown, California
- Front Illustrated Paper, Yugoslav Peoples Army publication
- as adjective
- Front and back, phonetics terms
- Front vowel
Other articles related to "front":
... Furthermore, front-wheel drive vehicles tend to wear the front tires at a greater rate compared to the rear tires ... to different car positions, such as front-to-rear, in order to even out the wear, thereby extending the life of the tire ...
... Seats Engine Type Notes U-models (1928-1935) U-16 16 front transit or parlor coach U-29 29 front transit or parlor coach V-models (1930-1936) V-29 29 ...
... The Vietnamese Fatherland Front (Vietnamese Mặt Trận Tổ Quốc Việt Nam) founded February 1977 (merged Vietnamese Fatherland Front of North Vietnam, National Liberation Front ... Other groups that participated in the establishment of the Front were the remnants of the Viet Cong, the Vietnamese General Confederation of Labour, Vietnamese Pioneer Young Union and the Ho ... The Front is described by the Vietnamese government as "the political base of people's power." It is intended to have a significant role in society, promoting "national solidarity" and "unity of mind ...
... A cold front tends to give less warning of its approach because it usually moves faster than a warm front and has a narrower band of clouds and weather ... If the cold front is active enough to produce thunderstorms, anvil cirrus clouds may spread ahead of the front as a warning of its approach ... The other cloud types associated with a cold front are mostly cumuliform or stratocumuliform, with mid-level altocumulus giving way to lower stratocumulus and intermittent light ...
... The 2011 model year car gets a new front fascia to more closely resemble the current Volkswagen styling direction, first seen on the Golf Mk VI ... Note the front will not be in black like the Golf, but in chrome.) This includes new LED running lights, bi-xenon headlights and a new bumper with ... In the five-seat version, the front seats can be adjusted 12 ways ...
Famous quotes containing the word front:
“Every body we know surrounds himself with a fine house, fine books, conservatory, gardens, equipage, and all manner of toys, as screens to interpose between himself and his guest. Does it not seem as if man was of a very sly, elusive nature, and dreaded nothing so much as a full rencontre front to front with his fellow?”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Come up from the fields father, heres a letter from our Pete,
And come to the front door mother, heres a letter from thy dear
—Walt Whitman (18191892)
“I am less affected by their heroism who stood up for half an hour in the front line at Buena Vista, than by the steady and cheerful valor of the men who inhabit the snow-plow for their winter quarters; who have not merely the three-o-clock-in-the-morning courage, which Bonaparte thought was the rarest, but whose courage does not go to rest so early, who go to sleep only when the storm sleeps or the sinews of their iron steed are frozen.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)