Front may refer to:
- as common noun
- Front (military), area where armies are engaged in conflict
- Front (Russian Empire), Front (Soviet Army), types of military formations
- Front (sociology), term used by Goffman
- Front organization
- Ice front of a glacier
- Front of a coin (see Obverse and reverse)
- Grill (jewelry), also known as "front", jewelry for teeth
- Weather front
- Front (Oceanography), a place where two water masses come together in the ocean
- as proper noun
- The Front, 1976 film
- The Front, now part of the Delaware Park-Front Park System, in Buffalo, New York, United States
- The Front (band), an American rock band signed to Columbia Records and active in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- The Front (Canadian band), a Canadian studio band from the 1980s
- "The Front" (The Simpsons episode)
- Front (magazine), British men's magazine
- Front, Piedmont, Italian municipality
- Front, California, former name of Brown, California
- Front Illustrated Paper, Yugoslav Peoples Army publication
- as adjective
- Front and back, phonetics terms
- Front vowel
Other articles related to "front":
... Engine Type Notes U-models (1928-1935) U-16 16 front transit or parlor coach U-29 29 front transit or parlor coach V-models (1930-1936) V-29 29 front parlor coach V-225 29 front transit or parlor ...
... Furthermore, front-wheel drive vehicles tend to wear the front tires at a greater rate compared to the rear tires ... moving tires to different car positions, such as front-to-rear, in order to even out the wear, thereby extending the life of the tire ...
... The Vietnamese Fatherland Front (Vietnamese Mặt Trận Tổ Quốc Việt Nam) founded February 1977 (merged Vietnamese Fatherland Front of North Vietnam, National ... Other groups that participated in the establishment of the Front were the remnants of the Viet Cong, the Vietnamese General Confederation of Labour, Vietnamese Pioneer Young Union and the Ho Chi Minh ... The Front is described by the Vietnamese government as "the political base of people's power." It is intended to have a significant role in society, promoting "national solidarity" and "unity ...
... A cold front tends to give less warning of its approach because it usually moves faster than a warm front and has a narrower band of clouds and weather ... If the cold front is active enough to produce thunderstorms, anvil cirrus clouds may spread ahead of the front as a warning of its approach ... The other cloud types associated with a cold front are mostly cumuliform or stratocumuliform, with mid-level altocumulus giving way to lower stratocumulus and ...
... The 2011 model year car gets a new front fascia to more closely resemble the current Volkswagen styling direction, first seen on the Golf Mk VI ... (Note the front will not be in black like the Golf, but in chrome.) This includes new LED running lights, bi-xenon headlights and a new bumper with LED fog lights ... In the five-seat version, the front seats can be adjusted 12 ways ...
Famous quotes containing the word front:
“Peoples backyards are much more interesting than their front gardens, and houses that back on to railways are public benefactors.”
—Sir John Betjeman (19061984)
“No one is promiscuous in his way of dying. A man who has decided to hang himself will never jump in front of a train.”
—A. Alvarez (b. 1929)
“Love is the hardest thing in the world to write about. So simple. Youve got to catch it through details, like the early morning sunlight hitting the gray tin of the rain spout in front of her house. The ringing of a telephone that sounds like Beethovens Pastoral. A letter scribbled on her office stationery that you carry around in your pocket because it smells of all the lilacs in Ohio.”
—Billy Wilder (b. 1906)