The word size may refer to how big or small something is. In particular:
- Measurement, the process or the result of determining the magnitude of a quantity, such as length or mass, relative to a unit of measurement, such as a meter or a kilogram
- Dimensions, including length, width, height, diameter, perimeter, area, volume
- Clothing sizes such as shoe size
- Body dimensions (Anthropometry)
- Human height, the distance from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head in a human body standing erect
- Human weight
- In statistics (hypothesis testing), the size of the test refers to the rate of false positives, denoted by α
- In computing, file size
- size (Unix), a command-line Unix tool
- Magnitude (mathematics), magnitude or size of a mathematical object
- Magnitude of brightness or intensity of a star or an earthquake as measured on a logarithmic scale
- In mathematics there are, in addition to the dimensions mentioned above (equal if there is an isometry), various other concepts of size for sets:
- measure (mathematics), a systematic way to assign to each suitable subset a number
- cardinality (equal if there is a bijection), of a set is a measure of the "number of elements of the set"
- for well-ordered sets: ordinal number (equal if there is an order-isomorphism)
- Resizing (fiction), a theme in fiction, in particular in fairy tales, fantasy, and science fiction
- Sizing, or size, a filler or glaze
- Demonstrating Size (dimension)
Other articles related to "size":
... Hire fleets on British canals can contain narrowboats of many lengths from about 30 feet (9.1 m) upwards, to allow parties of different sizes or different budgets to hire a boat. ...
... The administration most often takes place via offices, which are often of a very manageable size ... significant according to the draft of the Ministry of the Interior, a minimum size of 8000 inhabitants was to be implemented for Ämter and independent municipalities as a ... However, a minimum size for municipalities belonging to an Amt has not yet been officially determined ...
... The average projection and size of human female nipples is slightly more than 3/8 of an inch (10mm) ... Pregnancy and nursing tend to increase nipple size, sometimes permanently ...
... of these options may be specified to control the size of the image ... In the case of images with captions, if the image is already smaller than the requested size, then the image retains its original size (it is not enlarged) ... the case of images without captions, the image will be enlarged or reduced to match the requested size ...
... #1 "The Coming of the Yellow Claw" - Reprinted in Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #1 (Sept ... Strikes", "Trap for Jimmy Woo" - Reprinted in Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #2 (Dec ... Premiere #1 (May 1972 character of Phil Kane revised as Nick Fury) and Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #3 (March 1975) "Concentrate on Chaos" - Reprinted in Giant-Size Master of ...
Famous quotes containing the word size:
“Eat your meals according to the size of your bowl.”
“The obese is ... in a total delirium. For he is not only large, of a size opposed to normal morphology: he is larger than large. He no longer makes sense in some distinctive opposition, but in his excess, his redundancy.”
—Jean Baudrillard (b. 1929)
“Our brains are no longer conditioned for reverence and awe. We cannot imagine a Second Coming that would not be cut down to size by the televised evening news, or a Last Judgment not subject to pages of holier-than-Thou second- guessing in The New York Review of Books.”
—John Updike (b. 1932)