The word size may refer to how big or small something is. In particular:
- Measurement, the process or the result of determining the magnitude of a quantity, such as length or mass, relative to a unit of measurement, such as a meter or a kilogram
- Dimensions, including length, width, height, diameter, perimeter, area, volume
- Clothing sizes such as shoe size
- Body dimensions (Anthropometry)
- Human height, the distance from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head in a human body standing erect
- Human weight
- In statistics (hypothesis testing), the size of the test refers to the rate of false positives, denoted by α
- In computing, file size
- size (Unix), a command-line Unix tool
- Magnitude (mathematics), magnitude or size of a mathematical object
- Magnitude of brightness or intensity of a star or an earthquake as measured on a logarithmic scale
- In mathematics there are, in addition to the dimensions mentioned above (equal if there is an isometry), various other concepts of size for sets:
- measure (mathematics), a systematic way to assign to each suitable subset a number
- cardinality (equal if there is a bijection), of a set is a measure of the "number of elements of the set"
- for well-ordered sets: ordinal number (equal if there is an order-isomorphism)
- Resizing (fiction), a theme in fiction, in particular in fairy tales, fantasy, and science fiction
- Sizing, or size, a filler or glaze
- Demonstrating Size (dimension)
Other articles related to "size":
... often takes place via offices, which are often of a very manageable size ... according to the draft of the Ministry of the Interior, a minimum size of 8000 inhabitants was to be implemented for Ämter and independent municipalities as a regional reorganization due 1 April 2007 ... However, a minimum size for municipalities belonging to an Amt has not yet been officially determined ...
... Zero or one of these options may be specified to control the size of the image ... with captions, if the image is already smaller than the requested size, then the image retains its original size (it is not enlarged) ... of images without captions, the image will be enlarged or reduced to match the requested size ...
... Hire fleets on British canals can contain narrowboats of many lengths from about 30 feet (9.1 m) upwards, to allow parties of different sizes or different budgets to hire a boat. ...
... Claw #1 "The Coming of the Yellow Claw" - Reprinted in Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #1 (Sept. 1974) "The Yellow Claw Strikes", "Trap for Jimmy Woo" - Reprinted in Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #2 (Dec ... character of Phil Kane revised as Nick Fury) and Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #3 (March 1975) "Concentrate on Chaos" - Reprinted in Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #3 (March 1975) "Th ...
... The average projection and size of human female nipples is slightly more than 3/8 of an inch (10mm) ... Pregnancy and nursing tend to increase nipple size, sometimes permanently ...
Famous quotes containing the word size:
“The obese is ... in a total delirium. For he is not only large, of a size opposed to normal morphology: he is larger than large. He no longer makes sense in some distinctive opposition, but in his excess, his redundancy.”
—Jean Baudrillard (b. 1929)
“Eat your meals according to the size of your bowl.”
“For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, Move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 17:20.