Carry or carrying may refer to:
- Carry (arithmetic), when a digit is larger than a limit and the extra is moved to the left
- Carry flag, the equivalent in calculation in a computer
- Carrying (basketball), a rule breach in basketball
- Carry (American football), a statistical term equivalent to a single rushing play
- Carry (investment), a financial term: the carry of an asset is the gain or cost of holding the asset
- Carried interest (or carry), the share of profits in an investment fund paid to the fund manager
Carry may also be:
- Carry Back, (1958–1983) a Hall of Fame Thoroughbred racehorse
- Carry Back Stakes, an annual American Thoroughbred horse race
- Carry-in (potluck) or carry-out (take-out) dinner
- Carry-le-Rouet, a commune in southern France
- Carry look-ahead adder, a type of adder used in digital logic
- Carry over cooking, when food retains heat and continues to cook after being removed from a heat source
- Carry-save adder, a type of digital adder
- Fireman's carry, a rescue technique
- Suzuki Carry, a car
- Carry, a track by Tori Amos on the 2011 album Night of Hunters
Other articles related to "carry":
... have art that would be equally striking, and Weems was chosen to carry out a number of projects ... Art Deco styles and relied on a large group of construction workers to carry out the project ... The economics of the Great Depression made it possible to carry out this project on a grander scale than would otherwise have been the case ...
... Studios, better known as Heatherden Hall and featured in Carry On Nurse, Carry On up the Khyber, Carry On at your Convenience, Carry On Again Doctor and ...
... Carry On Camping is a 1969 comedy film and the seventeenth Carry On film ... It features series regulars Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Terry Scott, Hattie Jacques, Barbara Windsor, Bernard Bresslaw and Peter Butterworth ...
... Let Go (1960) The Bulldog Breed (1960) Two-Way Stretch (1960) Carry On Regardless (1961) No My Darling Daughter (1961) Raising the Wind (1961) On the Beat (1. 1972) Go for a Take (1972) Ghost in the Noonday Sun (1973) Charley One-Eye (1973) Carry On Girls (1973) Carry On Dick (1974) The Return of the Pink Panther (1975) Carry On Behind (1975 ...
... In this spoof horror film, one of the Carry On.. ... Who's my uncle." Carry On Screaming also features Jon Pertwee, who later played the Third Doctor, as a police scientist and Peter Butterworth who ...
Famous quotes containing the word carry:
“Many of us carry memories of an influential teacher who may scarcely know we existed, yet who said something at just the right time in our lives to snap a whole world into focus.”
—Laurent A. Daloz (20th century)
“Today, San Francisco has experienced a double tragedy of incredible proportions. As acting mayor, I order an immediate state of mourning in our city. The city and county of San Francisco must and will pull itself together at this time. We will carry on as best as we possibly can.... I think we all have to share the same sense of shame and the same sense of outrage.”
—Dianne Feinstein (b. 1933)
“And still they gazed, and still the wonder grew,
That one small head could carry all he knew.”
—Oliver Goldsmith (17281774)