Federal or foederal (archaic) may refer to:
- Federal monarchy, a federation of monarchies or a federal organised monarchy
- Federal district, a subdivision in a federal state that is under the direct control of a federal government
- Federal government, the common level of government of a federation
- Federal government of the United States
- United States federal law
- United States federal courts
- Union (American Civil War)
- Federal republic, a federation of republics
- Federation (federal system), a type of government characterized by both a central (federal) government and states or regional governments that are partially self-governing; a union of states
- Federalism, a political philosophy
- Federalist Papers, critical early arguments about United States Constitution
- Government of Australia
- Government of Canada
- Union Government (Central Government) of India
- Government of Russia
- Government of South Africa
- Federales (Argentina), a former political party of Argentina
- Federal, Entre Ríos, a city in Argentina
- Federal architecture, an architectural style related to Georgian architecture
- Federal (album), the debut album by rapper E-40
- Federal (Amtrak), a passenger train providing an overnight Boston-Washington, D.C. service in 2003-2004
- Federal Express (passenger train), a passenger train operated by the New Haven and Pennsylvania railroads
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, the national law enforcement arm of the U.S. government
- Federal Cartridge, American ammunition manufacturer
- Federal Coach, American limousine and bus manufacturer
- Federal Corporation, Taiwanese tyre manufacturer
- Federal Express, or FedEx, a private logistical services/delivery company based in the United States of America
- Federal Records, a subsidiary label of King Records.
- Federal Reserve, central bank of the United States
- Federal Corporation, Taiwan based tire manufacturer
- Federal (film), a 2010 thriller film starring Selton Mello
Other articles related to "federal":
... that classification to the District of Columbia in the United States or Distrito Federal in Mexico, but these are federal government districts and not ... and Mexican federal governments ...
... The Transitional Federal Government (TFG) was the internationally recognized central government of Somalia between 2004 and 2012 ... The Federal Government of Somalia was established on August 20, 2012, concurrent with the end of the TFG's interim mandate ... The Federal Parliament of Somalia serves as the government's legislative branch ...
... (thus, they are city-states within a federal system) ... The city of Vienna is a federal state within the Republic of Austria ... Moscow and Saint Petersburg, the biggest cities in Russia, have Federal city status ...
... Commons from 1867–1892 Queens (Nova Scotia federal electoral district), which returned members to the House of Commons from 1867–1892 Queen's (Prince Edward Island electoral district), which returned ...
... New Jersey's Fifth Congressional District is represented by Scott Garrett (R, Wantage Township) ... New Jersey is represented in the United States Senate by Frank Lautenberg (D, Cliffside Park) and Bob Menendez (D, Hoboken) ...
Famous quotes containing the word federal:
“It is odd that the NCAA would place a school on probation for driving an athlete to class, or providing a loan, but would have no penalty for a school that violates Title IX, a federal law.”
—Cardiss L. Collins (b. 1931)
“Daniel as a lad bought a handkerchief on which the Federal Constitution was printed; it is said that at intervals while working in the meadows around this house, he would retire to the shade of the elms and study the Constitution from his handkerchief.”
—For the State of New Hampshire, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“The proposed Constitution ... is, in strictness, neither a national nor a federal constitution; but a composition of both.”
—James Madison (17511836)