Abundance may refer to:
In science and technology:
- Abundance (economics), the opposite of scarcities
- Abundance (ecology), the relative representation of a species in a community
- Abundance (programming language), a Forth-like computer programming language
- Abundance, a property of abundant numbers
- Abundance (chemistry), when a substance in a reaction is present in high quantities
- Abundance of the chemical elements, a measure of how common elements are
- Natural abundance, the natural prevalence of different isotopes of an element on Earth
- Abundance of elements in Earth's crust
- Abundance (play), a 1990 stage play written by Beth Henley
- Al-Kawthar ("Abundance"), the 108th sura of the Qur'an
- Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think, a 2012 book by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Abundant life (disambiguation)
Other articles related to "abundance":
... only exist as a single isotope, with a natural abundance of 100% ... Natural abundance of some elements Isotope % nat ... abundance atomic mass 1H 99.985 1.007825 2H 0.015 2.0140 12C 98.89 12 (definition) 13C 1.11 13.00335 14N 99.64 14.00307 15N 0.36 15.00011 16O 99.76 15.99491 17O 0.04 18O 0.2 17.99916 28Si 92.23 27.97693 29Si 4.67 28.97 ...
... extraction minicolumn purification RNA extraction Boom method Quantification Abundance in weight spectroscopic quantification Absolute abundance in number Q-PCR high ...
... The newest addition to the Chinese Garden family is the Garden of Abundance ... sundial, stone bridges and planting of materials, which have meanings of longevity, abundance and fulfilment ... Hence the name Garden of Abundance was selected ...
... is primarily concerned with patterns of species distribution, abundance and interactions ... Species sorting models describe variation in abundance and composition within the metacommunity due to individual species responses to environmental ... interact to determine local and regional abundance and composition ...
... The table shows the abundance of elements in Earth's crust ... Z Element Symbol Lithosphere abundance Relative proportion (ppm) Crustal abundance (ppm) Crustal abundance (ppm) Crustal abundance (ppm) Production (2011, tonnes) 8 oxygen O 460,000 474,000 460 ...
Famous quotes containing the word abundance:
“Here commences what was called, twenty years ago, the best timber land in the State. This very spot was described as covered with the greatest abundance of pine, but now this appeared to me, comparatively, an uncommon tree there,and yet you did not see where any more could have stood, amid the dense growth of cedar, fir, etc.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“From abundance springs satiety.”
—Titus Livius (Livy)
“I dont believe in evil, I believe only in horror. In nature there is no evil, only an abundance of horror: the plagues and the blights and the ants and the maggots.”
—Isak Dinesen [Karen Blixen] (18851962)