Primary may refer to:
- Primary (astronomy), the larger of two co-orbiting bodies
- Primary mirror, principal light-gathering surface of a reflecting telescope
- Primary (band), from Australia
- Primary circuit, electrical circuit in a transformer that receives current, as opposed to secondary circuit
- Primary election, an election by which a political party selects and nominates a candidate
- Power line, electric power transmission line fed to or from a transformer
- Primary (film), 1960 documentary
- Primary (LDS Church), children's Sunday School organization
- "Primary" (song), by The Cure
- Primary, the oldest period in the Geologic time scale (obsolete)
- "Primary", a song by Spoon from the album Telephono
- Primaries, remiges (wing feathers) in birds
- Primaries or primary beams, in E. E. Smith's science-fiction series Lensman
- The first stage in a thermonuclear explosive, may also be used alone in a lower-yield nuclear explosive, see nuclear weapon design
Other articles related to "primary":
... ALP = Australian Labor Party, L+NP = grouping of Liberal/National/LNP/CLP Coalition Parties (and predecessors), Oth = other parties and independents ... House of Representatives results and polling Primary vote TPP vote Seats ALP L+NP Oth ...
... Hazelwood Primary School Firs Farm Primary Oakthorpe Primary Palmers Green High School (Independent) St Michael at Bowes CE Junior Tottenhall Infant St Monica's RC ...
... The succeeding phase of ootidogenesis occurs when the primary oocyte develops into an ootid ... In fact, a primary oocyte is, by its biological definition, a cell whose primary function is to divide by the process of meiosis ... In late fetal life, all oocytes, still primary oocytes, have halted at this stage of development, called the dictyate ...
... candidate from either party in Adair County during the 2008 presidential primary ... Adair County, Missouri 2008 Republican primary in Missouri John McCain 558 (29.00%) Mike Huckabee 735 (38.20%) Mitt Romney 451 (23.44%) Ron Paul 158 (8.21%) Adair County, Missouri 2008 ...
... of Altay Prefecture Bakhtu (巴克图), 17 km from Tacheng another primary point or port Dulat (都拉塔), in Qapqal Xibe Autonomous County under Ili Jeminay (吉木乃) of Altay Prefecture；another primary ...
Famous quotes containing the word primary:
“A fact is a proposition of which the verification by an appeal to the primary sources of our knowledge or to experience is direct and simple. A theory, on the other hand, if true, has all the characteristics of a fact except that its verification is possible only by indirect, remote, and difficult means.”
—Chauncey Wright (18301875)
“Wilful sterility is, from the standpoint of the nation, from the standpoint of the human race, the one sin for which the penalty is national death, race death; a sin for which there is no atonement.... No man, no woman, can shirk the primary duties of life, whether for love of ease and pleasure, or for any other cause, and retain his or her self-respect.”
—Theodore Roosevelt (18581919)
“One of the effects of a safe and civilised life is an immense oversensitiveness which makes all the primary emotions somewhat disgusting. Generosity is as painful as meanness, gratitude as hateful as ingratitude.”
—George Orwell (19031950)