Primary may refer to:
- Primary (astronomy), the larger of two co-orbiting bodies
- Primary mirror, principal light-gathering surface of a reflecting telescope
- Primary (band), from Australia
- Primary circuit, electrical circuit in a transformer that receives current, as opposed to secondary circuit
- Primary election, an election by which a political party selects and nominates a candidate
- Power line, electric power transmission line fed to or from a transformer
- Primary (film), 1960 documentary
- Primary (LDS Church), children's Sunday School organization
- "Primary" (song), by The Cure
- Primary, the oldest period in the Geologic time scale (obsolete)
- "Primary", a song by Spoon from the album Telephono
- Primaries, remiges (wing feathers) in birds
- Primaries or primary beams, in E. E. Smith's science-fiction series Lensman
- The first stage in a thermonuclear explosive, may also be used alone in a lower-yield nuclear explosive, see nuclear weapon design
Other articles related to "primary":
... either party in Adair County during the 2008 presidential primary ... Adair County, Missouri 2008 Republican primary in Missouri John McCain 558 (29.00%) Mike Huckabee 735 (38.20%) Mitt Romney 451 (23.44%) Ron Paul 158 (8.21%) Adair County, Missouri 2008 Democratic primary in ...
... Aqimbek (阿黑木别克) of Altay Prefecture Bakhtu (巴克图), 17 km from Tacheng another primary point or port Dulat (都拉塔), in Qapqal Xibe Autonomous County under Ili Jeminay (吉木乃) of Altay Prefecture ...
... ALP = Australian Labor Party, L+NP = grouping of Liberal/National/LNP/CLP Coalition Parties (and predecessors), Oth = other parties and independents ... House of Representatives results and polling Primary vote TPP vote Seats ALP L+NP Oth ...
... The succeeding phase of ootidogenesis occurs when the primary oocyte develops into an ootid ... In fact, a primary oocyte is, by its biological definition, a cell whose primary function is to divide by the process of meiosis ... In late fetal life, all oocytes, still primary oocytes, have halted at this stage of development, called the dictyate ...
... Hazelwood Primary School Firs Farm Primary Oakthorpe Primary Palmers Green High School (Independent) St Michael at Bowes CE Junior Tottenhall Infant St Monica's RC Primary St ...
Famous quotes containing the word primary:
“The primary imperative for women who intend to assume a meaningful and decisive role in todays social change is to begin to perceive themselves as having an identity and personal integrity that has as strong a claim for being preserved intact as that of any other individual or group.”
—Margaret Adams (b. 1916)
“Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies, the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities.”
—George Washington (17321799)
“If the accumulated wealth of the past generations is thus tainted,no matter how much of it is offered to us,we must begin to consider if it were not the nobler part to renounce it, and to put ourselves in primary relations with the soil and nature, and abstaining from whatever is dishonest and unclean, to take each of us bravely his part, with his own hands, in the manual labor of the world.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)