Billion may refer to:
- Long and short scales
- 1,000,000,000 (number), one thousand million, 109, in the short scale
- 1,000,000,000,000 (number), one million million, 1012, in the long scale
In other usage:
- Billon (alloy), alloy of precious metal
- Billion (company), a modem manufacturer
- Golden billion, a Russian term for the wealthy people of the developed world
- Jack Billion (born 1939), the 2006 Democratic Party candidate for governor of South Dakota
- Mr. Billion, 1977 film by Jonathan Kaplan
- Billion laughs, XML parser vulnerability
Other articles related to "billion":
... the completion of its capital increase raising US$4.49 billion (KWD1.2 billion) with 29% of all shareholders subscribing ... The number of subscribed shares exceeded 1.4 billion, bringing the total number of Zain shares to 4.28 billion with total shareholders’ equity reaching US$6.42 billion ...
... Q0906+6930 is the most distant known blazar (redshift 5.47 / 12.2 billion light years), discovered in July, 2004 ... of the blazar is a supermassive black hole (SMBH) approximately 2 billion times the mass of the Sun (the mass of the Milky Way Galaxy is around 580 billion ...
... Over one billion tires are manufactured annually, making the tire industry a major consumer of natural rubber ... In 2015 alone, 1.72 billion tires are expected to be sold globally ... In 2004, $80 billion of tires were sold worldwide, in 2010 it was $140 billion ...
... units sold Gross revenue Gross revenue Pac-Man 1980 526,412 3503 !$3.503 billion 7616 !$7.616 billion Street Fighter 1987 500,000 1500 !$1.5 billion 2400 !$2.4 billion Space ...
... The government estimated that the Three Gorges Dam project would cost 180 billion yuan (US$22.5 billion) ... By the end of 2008, spending had reached 148.365 billion yuan, among which 64.613 billion yuan was spent on construction, 68.557 billion yuan on relocating ... recovered when the dam has generated 1,000 terawatt-hours (3,600 PJ) of electricity, yielding 250 billion yuan ...
Famous quotes containing the word billion:
“Nights brittle song, silver-thin
Shatters into a billion fragments
Of quiet shadows
At the blaring jazz
Of a morning sun.”
—Frank Marshall Davis (b. 1905)
“Even one billion Chinese do not a superpower make.”
—John Lukacs (b. 1924)
“SING a song of sistence
Pocket full of Eye
Two billion Turtle-doves
Mourning in a sty”
—Allen Tate (18991979)