Common may refer to:
- COMMON, the largest association of users of mid-range IBM computers
- Common (horse), a British Thoroughbred racehorse
- Common (liturgy), a part of certain Christian liturgy
- Commoner, someone does not hold a title of peerage
- Common land, land which other people have certain traditional rights such as grazing livestock or collecting firewood
- Town common (see common land above)
- Lingua franca or common language, shared by speakers of different mother tongues
- Vernacular, the common but not scientific name of a plant or animal
- The Common, a nickname of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- COMMON, a Fortran statement
- a translation of tum'ah, a biblical term for ritual impurity, used by some common English translations of the bible
- Dol Common, a character in The Alchemist by Ben Jonson
Other articles related to "common":
... of trade bloc which is composed of a free trade area (for goods) with common policies on product regulation, and freedom of movement of the factors of production (capital and labour) and of enterprise and ... A common market is a first stage towards a single market, and may be limited initially to a free trade area with relatively free movement of capital and of services, but ... European Economic Community was the first example of a both common and single market, but it was an economic union since it had additionally a customs union ...
... People are easily tied to each other by the factor of common race or kinship ... Other common characteristics of the Zomi, as observed by Carey and Tuck are worth mentioning...the main Kuki characteristics can be universally traced as – The slow speech, the serious ...
... Common-mode signal is the component of an analog signal which is present with one sign on all considered conductors ... In telecommunication, common-mode signal on a transmission line is known as longitudinal voltage ... with differential voltage use, the common-mode signal is called a half-sum of voltages When referenced to the local common or ground, a common-mode signal appears ...
... The common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes), also known as the robust chimpanzee, is a species of great ape ... Colloquially, the common chimpanzee is often called the chimpanzee (or "chimp"), though technically this term refers to both species in the genus Pan ... The common chimpanzee is covered in coarse black hair, but has a bare face, fingers, toes, palms of the hands and soles of the feet ...
... dance it is popular but somewhat less common in Scottish country dance music ... The most common structure of a jig is two eight-bar parts, performing two different steps, each once on the right foot, and one on the left foot ... As with most other types of dance tunes in Irish music, at a session or a dance it is common for two or more jigs to be strung together in a set, flowing on without interruption ...
Famous quotes containing the word common:
“There seems to be a common strain of miserliness in the American people when it comes to throwing away toothpaste tubes which have a little left in the bottom.”
—Robert Benchley (18891945)
“Friendless. Having no favors to bestow. Destitute of fortune. Addicted to utterance of truth and common sense.”
—Ambrose Bierce (18421914)
“It is quite a common and vulgar thing among humans to understand, foresee, know and predict the troubles of others. But oh what a rare thing it is to predict, know, foresee and understand ones own troubles.”
—François Rabelais (14941553)