Date or dates may refer to:
- Calendar date, a day on a calendar
- Date (metadata), a representation term or class associated with a data element
- date (Unix), a Unix command for displaying the current time and date
- DATE (command), command on DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows operating systems for displaying the current date
- Radiometric dating is a family of techniques used to determine of the approximate period of origin of an object, e.g. 'to carbon-date an artifact'
- Date (fruit), the fruit of the date palm, Phoenix dactylifera
- Dating, a form of courtship which may include any social activity undertaken by, typically, two persons with the aim of assessing each other's suitability as a partner.
- Abbreviations for organizations and programs
- Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Education, a substance abuse program in some U.S. schools
- Design Automation and Test in Europe, a yearly conference on the topic of electronic design automation
- Date Records, a subsidiary of Columbia Records
- Names of people, places, and organizations
- Date (surname), family name in Japan and elsewhere
- The Date clan, a Japanese feudal clan from the Sengoku period
- Date, Hokkaidō, a city located in Iburi, Hokkaidō, Japan
- Date, Fukushima, a city located in northern Fukushima, Japan
- Date District, Fukushima, district located in Fukushima, Japan
- Date City, California, a city located in California, USA
- Episodes of television shows
- "Dates" (Only Fools and Horses), an episode of the BBC sit-com Only Fools and Horses
- "Date", an episode of the British sitcom Miranda
Other articles related to "date, dates":
... The netted payment made at the effective date is as follows The Fixed Rate is the rate at which the contract is agreed ... accrue over a period starting on the effective date, and then paid at the end of the period (termination date) ...
... The original Tanabata date was based on the Japanese lunisolar calendar, which is about a month behind the Gregorian calendar ... The Gregorian dates of "the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the Japanese lunisolar calendar" for the coming years are 2013-08-13 2014-08-02 2015-08-20 2016-08-09 ...
... Proposed calculations of the date of creation using the Masoretic from the 10th century to the 18th century include Marianus Scotus (4192 BC), Maimonides (4058 BC), Henri Spondanus (4051 BC), Benedict ... the Masoretic creation estimates or calculations for the date of creation only Archbishop Ussher's specific chronology dating the creation to 4004 BC became the ...
... dating in order to obtain an absolute date for the ship ... The results date the wood at 1305 BC, but given that no bark has survived it is impossible to determine an exact date and it can be assumed that the ship sank sometime ...
... Current versions of the Yunjing date to AD 1161 and 1203 editions published by Zhang Linzhi (張麟之) ... The Yunjing's original author(s) and date of composition are unknown ... particular to the Tang dynasty, but no conclusive proof of an actual date of composition has yet been found ...
Famous quotes containing the word date:
“Yesterday, December 7, 1941Ma date that will live in infamythe United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)
“A preschool child does not emerge from your toddler on a given date or birthday. He becomes a child when he ceases to be a wayward, confusing, unpredictable and often balky person-in-the- making, and becomes a comparatively cooperative, eager-and-easy-to-please real human beingat least 60 per cent of the time.”
—Penelope Leach (20th century)
“In the South, the war is what A.D. is elsewhere: they date from it.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)