Date or dates may refer to:
- Calendar date, a day on a calendar
- Date (metadata), a representation term or class associated with a data element
- date (Unix), a Unix command for displaying the current time and date
- DATE (command), command on DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows operating systems for displaying the current date
- Radiometric dating is a family of techniques used to determine of the approximate period of origin of an object, e.g. 'to carbon-date an artifact'
- Date (fruit), the fruit of the date palm, Phoenix dactylifera
- Dating, a form of courtship which may include any social activity undertaken by, typically, two persons with the aim of assessing each other's suitability as a partner.
- Abbreviations for organizations and programs
- Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Education, a substance abuse program in some U.S. schools
- Design Automation and Test in Europe, a yearly conference on the topic of electronic design automation
- Date Records, a subsidiary of Columbia Records
- Names of people, places, and organizations
- Date (surname), family name in Japan and elsewhere
- The Date clan, a Japanese feudal clan from the Sengoku period
- Date, Hokkaidō, a city located in Iburi, Hokkaidō, Japan
- Date, Fukushima, a city located in northern Fukushima, Japan
- Date District, Fukushima, district located in Fukushima, Japan
- Date City, California, a city located in California, USA
- Episodes of television shows
- "Dates" (Only Fools and Horses), an episode of the BBC sit-com Only Fools and Horses
- "Date", an episode of the British sitcom Miranda
Other articles related to "date, dates":
... dating in order to obtain an absolute date for the ship ... The results date the wood at 1305 BC, but given that no bark has survived it is impossible to determine an exact date and it can be assumed that the ship sank sometime after that date ...
... Current versions of the Yunjing date to AD 1161 and 1203 editions published by Zhang Linzhi (張麟之) ... The Yunjing's original author(s) and date of composition are unknown ... reflect features particular to the Tang dynasty, but no conclusive proof of an actual date of composition has yet been found ...
... The netted payment made at the effective date is as follows The Fixed Rate is the rate at which the contract is agreed ... Rate and Reference Rate are rates that should accrue over a period starting on the effective date, and then paid at the end of the period (termination date) ...
... The original Tanabata date was based on the Japanese lunisolar calendar, which is about a month behind the Gregorian calendar ... The Gregorian dates of "the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the Japanese lunisolar calendar" for the coming years are 2013-08-13 2014-08-02 2015-08-20 2016-08-09 2017-08 ...
... Proposed calculations of the date of creation using the Masoretic from the 10th century to the 18th century include Marianus Scotus (4192 BC), Maimonides (4058 BC), Henri Spondanus (4051 BC ... Among the Masoretic creation estimates or calculations for the date of creation only Archbishop Ussher's specific chronology dating the creation to ...
Famous quotes containing the word date:
“There is nothing that I shudder at more than the idea of a separation of the Union. Should such an event ever happen, which I fervently pray God to avert, from that date I view our liberty gone.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“Until I was twenty-five, I had no development at all. From my twenty-fifth year I date my life. Three weeks have scarcely passed, at any time between then and now, that I have not unfolded within myself. But I feel that I am now come to the inmost leaf of the bulb, and that shortly the flower must fall to the mould.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“Evrythins up to date in Kansas City.”
—Oscar Hammerstein II (18951960)