Executive may refer to:
- Executive (government), branch of government that has sole authority and responsibility for the daily administration of the state bureaucracy
- Executive (senior management), senior manager in a corporation
- Chief executive officer (CEO), one of the highest-ranking corporate officers (executives) or administrators
- Executive director, the senior manager of an organization, company, or corporation
- Executive education, term used for programs at graduate-level business schools that aim to give classes for managers or entrepreneurs
- Executive officer, high-ranking member of a corporation body, government or military
- Music executive or record executive, person within a record label who works in senior management
- Studio executive, employee of a film studio
- Account executive, a job title given by a number of marketing agencies to usually trainee staff, who report to account managers
- Executive (operating system), the operating system for the ICL 290x range of computers
- Executive car, British term that refers to a car's size and is used to describe an automobile larger than a large family car
- Executive format, special paper size in the United States and Canada
- Executive functions or executive system, theorized cognitive system in psychology that controls and manages other cognitive processes
- The Executive, fictional belt-less raincoat in the American sitcom Seinfeld
- The Executive, a passenger train of the Monon Railroad
- The Windows Executive, internal part of modern Microsoft Windows operating systems
Other articles related to "executive, executives":
... MacFarlane has served as an executive producer during the show's entire history, and also functions as a creative consultant ... The first executive producers were David Zuckerman, Lolee Aries, David Pritchard, and Mike Wolf ... Family Guy has had many executive producers in its history, including Daniel Palladino, Kara Vallow, and Danny Smith ...
... At American, he served as controller, and later as executive vice president for finance and planning under CEO Robert Crandall ... September 11 attacks and facing an industry beset by terrorism and hard times, Carty and his executive board were forced to strike a cost-cutting deal with American's labor unions, intended to ... several days later, when unions learned that AMR executives were keeping $41 million in retention bonuses ...
... Jim Ovia is the company's pioneer chief executive officer, Godwin Emefiele is current Managing Director, and Peter Amangbo, Apollos lkpobe, Elias Igbin ... of Godwin Emefiele as Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer designate of the Zenith Bank ...
... top civil servants in implementing the Chief Executive's policy agenda in an executive-led government ...
... Year Program Credit Notes 1998–2002 Felicity creator, writer, executive producer, director, co-composer of theme music 2001–2006 Alias creator, writer, executive ...
Famous quotes containing the word executive:
“More than ten million women march to work every morning side by side with the men. Steadily the importance of women is gaining not only in the routine tasks of industry but in executive responsibility. I include also the woman who stays at home as the guardian of the welfare of the family. She is a partner in the job and wages. Women constitute a part of our industrial achievement.”
—Herbert Hoover (18741964)
“One point in my public life: I did all I could for the reform of the civil service, for the building up of the South, for a sound currency, etc., etc., but I never forgot my party.... I knew that all good measures would suffer if my Administration was followed by the defeat of my party. Result, a great victory in 1880. Executive and legislature both completely Republican.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“When you give power to an executive you do not know who will be filling that position when the time of crisis comes.”
—Ernest Hemingway (18991961)