WINS may refer to:
- WINS (AM), a radio station in New York City
- World Institute for Nuclear Security
- Windows Internet Name Service
- a web server solution stack built from Windows Server, Internet Information Services, .NET, and SQL Server
- Wireless Integrated Network Sensors
- SM&A, stock ticker symbol WINS
- Off-course betting facilities operated by Japan Racing Association
Famous quotes containing the word wins:
“But the life of Spirit is not the life that shrinks from death and keeps itself untouched by devastation, but rather the life that endures it and maintains itself in it. It wins its truth only when, in utter dismemberment, it finds itself.... Spirit is this power only by looking the negative in the face, and tarrying with it. This tarrying with the negative is the magical power that converts it into being. This power is identical with what we earlier called the Subject.”
—Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (17701831)
“I saw my lady weep,
And Sorrow proud to be advanced so
In those fair eyes where all perfections keep.
Her face was full of woe;
But such a woe, believe me, as wins more hearts
Than Mirth can do with her enticing parts.”
—Unknown. I Saw My Lady Weep (l. 16)
“You always read about it:
the plumber with twelve children
who wins the Irish Sweepstakes.
From toilets to riches.
—Anne Sexton (19281974)