UNE can mean:
- Universidad del Noreste (University of the Northeast), Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- University of New England (Australia), in New South Wales
- University of New England (United States), in Biddeford, Maine
- UNE (band), the Japanese metal band
- UNE Telecomunicaciones of Colombia
- Unbundled Network Element, a telecommunications regulation requirement in the United States
- Ubuntu Netbook Edition, a version of the Ubuntu operating system customized for netbook computers
- Any of a number of standards released by AENOR, the Spanish member organization of the International Organization for Standardization. A UNE or UNE-EN standard is similar to an ISO standard
- National Union of Educators (Ecuador) a trade union from Ecuador.
- União Nacional dos Estudantes (National Student Union), a Brazilian group active responsible for protests on August 11, 1992
- Unidad Nacional de la Esperanza (National Unity of Hope), a political party in Guatemala
In French language, une means "one."
Une was the chemical symbol for Unnilennium, the former name of the chemical element Meitnerium (Mt), element 109.
Famous quotes containing the word une:
“Je célébrai mon jour de fête
Dans une oasis dAfrique
Vêtu dune peau de girafe.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“The real meditation is ... the meditation on ones identity. Ah, voilà une chose!! You try it. You try finding out why youre you and not somebody else. And who in the blazes are you anyhow? Ah, voilà une chose!”
—Ezra Pound (18851972)