The Japanese proper name Tenryū can refer to several items.
- Tenryū, Shizuoka
- Tenryū, Nagano
- Tenryū River
- Tenryū-ji, temple
- Saburo Tenryū (Saburo Wakuta, 1903-1989), former sumo wrestler and early exponent of the aikido martial art.
- Genichiro Tenryu (Genichiro Shimada, born 1950), also a former sumo wrestler, now a professional wrestler.
- Japanese corvette Tenryū (1883)
- Japanese cruiser Tenryū (1918), a ship of the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN)
- JS Tenryu, a ship of the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF), on active duty as of 2011