A spotter is someone trained to look for something. The term has the following special meanings.
- Weather spotter, an individual who observes the weather to inform other groups.
- Storm spotter, a weather spotter who observes specific weather events.
- In the military, a spotter is a member of a sniper team.
- An abbreviation for a military compact radar system.
- In weight training, a spotter will assist someone lifting a weight for safety; see spotting (weight training).
- In bouldering a spotter is a person who takes care that a falling boulderer lands safely on his/her feet to prevent injuries.
- A semi tractor used on the property of a business, to move semi trailers within or around the facility, as opposed to transporting them long distances on road.
- Transportation enthusiasts who enjoy watching various transport-related activities:
- Train spotter, a railfan.
- An aircraft spotter, someone who engages in aircraft spotting.
- A bus spotter, someone who engages in bus spotting.
- A British term for a police or military intelligence informant.
- Spotter (auto racing), a term used in auto racing