Norse may refer to:
- Norsemen, the Scandinavian people before the Christianisation of Scandinavia
- Norse mythology
- Norse paganism
- Norse art
- Norse activity in the British Isles
- West Norse, the modern languages of Norwegian, Faroese, and Icelandic
- East Norse, the modern languages of Danish and Swedish
- Old Norse, a North Germanic language in use from c. AD 800 to c. AD 1300
- Proto-Norse language, the Germanic language predecessor of Old Norse
- Norn, an extinct North Germanic language that was spoken in Shetland and Orkney, off the north coast of mainland Scotland, and in Caithness.
- Northern Kentucky Norse, the intercollegiate athletic program of Northern Kentucky University.
- Luther College Norse, mascot of Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.
People with the surname:
- Harold Norse, American poet
Famous quotes containing the word norse:
“Carlyle has not the simple Homeric health of Wordsworth, nor the deliberate philosophic turn of Coleridge, nor the scholastic taste of Landor, but, though sick and under restraint, the constitutional vigor of one of his old Norse heroes.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)