Manual may mean:
- User guide
- Owner's manual
- Instruction manual (gaming)
- Online help
- Unix manual - known as "man pages"
- Manual (music) - a keyboard, as for an organ
- Manual (band)
- A manual is a special kind of wheelie.
- Freestyle skateboarding tricks (balancing on two wheels)
- Manual transmission
- Done by hand, or not using machinery or electronics to fulfil a function
- Used or operated by hand.
Famous quotes containing the word manual:
“Language ought to be the joint creation of poets and manual workers.”
—George Orwell (19031950)
“A great deal of unnecessary worry is indulged in by theatregoers trying to understand what Bernard Shaw means. They are not satisfied to listen to a pleasantly written scene in which three or four clever people say clever things, but they need to purse their lips and scowl a little and debate as to whether Shaw meant the lines to be an attack on monogamy as an institution or a plea for manual training in the public school system.”
—Robert Benchley (18891945)
“In spite of our worries to the contrary, children are still being born with the innate ability to learn spontaneously, and neither they nor their parents need the sixteen-page instructional manual that came with a rattle ordered for our baby boy!”
—Neil Kurshan (20th century)