Halls of Residence
The university owned accommodation is divided among all three of its main campuses. At the main Hope Park campus, set in the landscaped gardens, there are:
- Wesley. Primarily for QTS and first year undergraduates.
- Newman. Taking its name from the eminent Catholic cardinal, Newman offers first year and masters accommodation.
- Teresa. The final hall recently added to the Hope Park campus with en-suite accommodation, similar to Wesley and Newman.
- Austin. Also located on the main campus offers mixed sex accommodation.
- Angela. Similar to Austin in design and feel but offers single sex, female accommodation. Also for returning and masters students.
- St. Agnes & St. Margaret's. Situated in the older part of the university. Students have dubbed these halls (and their opposite ones) the 'Harry Potter Halls' for their similarity to the film's settings.
- St. Elphin's and St. Elthedreda. Similar again to St. Agnes / Margaret – these halls are located in the older part of the university and are close to the central university library.
The university also has halls of residence at its Aigburth campus. The Creative Campus is served by Gerard Manley Hopkins Hall.
Read more about this topic: Liverpool Hope University
Famous quotes containing the words halls of, halls and/or residence:
“I have seen in the Halls of Congress more idealism, more humaneness, more compassion, more profiles of courage than in any other institution that I have ever known.”
—Hubert H. Humphrey (19111978)
“Ive tried to open the door. My knock isnt that big a sound. But it is like the knock in The Wizard of Oz. It set up this echo through the halls until it was heard by everyone.”
—Shannon Faulkner (b. c. 1975)
“The death of William Tecumseh Sherman, which took place to-day at his residence in the city of New York at 1 oclock and 50 minutes p.m., is an event that will bring sorrow to the heart of every patriotic citizen. No living American was so loved and venerated as he.”
—Benjamin Harrison (18331901)