Fisher is an archaic term for fisherman, revived as gender-neutral.
Fisher or Fishers may also refer to:
- Fisher (animal) (Martes pennanti), a North American mustelid
- Fisher (band), a rock band featuring Kathy Fisher as lead singer
- Fisher (yachts), famous British motorsailers
- Fisher (comic strip), a Canadian comic strip by Philip Street
- The Fisher:
- A brand of high fidelity audio equipment marketed by Avery Fisher
- Sergey Golovkin (1959-1996), a Russian serial killer known as "The Fisher"
Famous quotes containing the word fisher:
“One ... aspect of the case for World War II is that while it was still a shooting affair it taught us survivors a great deal about daily living which is valuable to us now that it is, ethically at least, a question of cold weapons and hot words.”
—M.F.K. Fisher (19081992)
“I turn over a new leaf every day. But the blots show through.”
—Keith Waterhouse, British screenwriter, Willis Hall, and John Schlesinger. Billy Fisher (Tom Courtenay)
“Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin town.”
—Fred Fisher (18751942)