Entrance generally refers to the place of entering like a gate or door, or the permission to do so.
Entrance may also refer to:
- Entrance (album), a 1970 album by Edgar Winter.
- Entrance (display manager), a login manager for the X window manager.
- Entrance (Liturgical), a kind of liturgical procession in the Eastern Orthodox tradition
- Entrance (musician), born Guy Blakeslee
- Making an entrance, a theatrical term for the appearance of a character on screen or stage
- Admission to an event or establishment
- The Entrance, New South Wales, a suburb on the Central Coast of Australia
- "Entrance" (Dimmu Borgir song), from the 1997 album Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
- Entry (cards), a card that wins a trick to which another player made the lead, as in the card game contract bridge
- N-Trance, a British electronic music group formed in 1990
- University and college admissions
Famous quotes containing the word entrance:
“Reporters for tabloid newspapers beat a path to the park entrance each summer when the national convention of nudists is held, but the cults requirement that visitors disrobe is an obstacle to complete coverage of nudist news. Local residents interested in the nudist movement but as yet unwilling to affiliate make observations from rowboats in Great Egg Harbor River.”
—For the State of New Jersey, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 21:9.
Crowds at Jesus entrance into Jerusalem.