Entrance generally refers to the place of entering like a gate or door, or the permission to do so.
Entrance may also refer to:
- Entrance (album), a 1970 album by Edgar Winter.
- Entrance (display manager), a login manager for the X window manager.
- Entrance (Liturgical), a kind of liturgical procession in the Eastern Orthodox tradition
- Entrance (musician), born Guy Blakeslee
- Making an entrance, a theatrical term for the appearance of a character on screen or stage
- Admission to an event or establishment
- The Entrance, New South Wales, a suburb on the Central Coast of Australia
- "Entrance" (Dimmu Borgir song), from the 1997 album Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
- Entry (cards), a card that wins a trick to which another player made the lead, as in the card game contract bridge
- N-Trance, a British electronic music group formed in 1990
- University and college admissions
Famous quotes containing the word entrance:
“Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 21:9.
Crowds at Jesus entrance into Jerusalem.
“Love bade me welcome: yet my soul drew back,
Guilty of dust and sin.
But quick-eyed Love, observing me grow slack
From my first entrance in,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning,
If I lacked any thing.”
—George Herbert (15931633)
“The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)