Dexter is a Latin adjective meaning "on the right hand side, skillful, fortunate, favorable, proper, fitting".
Dexter may also refer to:
- Dexter in dexter and sinister, a heraldry term referring to the right of the bearer of the arms, and to the left by the viewer's eyes
- Dexter cattle, a breed of cattle
- Dexter School, a private boys' school in Brookline, Massachusetts
- Dexter-Russell, the largest U.S. manufacturer of professional cutlery
- Dexter (robot), a dynamically balancing bipedal humanoid robot research project by Anybots