A Dame may be:
- Dame (title), a female title of rank, equivalent to 'Sir' used as the title of a knight
- A title of respect for certain Benedictine nuns equivalent to the male "Dom"
- A pantomime dame
- An old word for the game pieces in the game of draughts (checkers)
- Slang term for any woman
- "Dame" (song), the second single from RBD's third studio album Celestial
- DaME, another name for Dark Avenger's viral polymorphic engine, MtE.
Famous quotes containing the word dame:
“One who can find lemons sweet and grapes sour is ready for Dame Fortune.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“Come dame or maid, be not afraid,
Poor Tom will injure nothing.”
—Unknown. Tom o Bedlams Song (l. 1112)
“I have a lot of respect for that dame [Delilah]. Theres one lady barber that made good.”
—Alexander Hall. Cleo Borden (Mae West)