Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- Call on shares, a request for a further payment on partly paid share capital
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "called":
... In the UK and in US mechanical engineering, this is called moment of force shortened usually to moment ... object (the concept which in physics is called torque) ... causing acceleration, such as a drill bit accelerating from rest, the resulting moment is called a torque ...
... of Asgard "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling." Later in the work, when Snorri describes ...
... the school of Valentinus as he legomene gnostike haeresis "the heresy called Learned (gnostic)" ... This occurs in the context of Irenaeus' work On the Detection and Overthrow of Knowledge Falsely So Called, (Greek elenchos kai anatrope tes pseudonymou ...
... hooked (snookered) by one's opponent (even then, if a pocket is called for the 8, as opposed to "just a shot", i.e ... legal shots in informal games, as long as they are called as split shots, and the hit is in fact simultaneous to the human eye ... but not ball-in-hand) foul if one pockets one's called shot but also pockets another ball incidentally, even if it is one's own (however, if that secondary pocketing was also called, the shot is legal ...
... be accomplished, a valuation of planned work, called Planned Value (PV) or Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), and pre-defined “earning rules” (a ...
Famous quotes containing the word called:
“When pain of the world surrounds us with darkness and despair,
When searching just confounds us with false hopes evrywhere,
When lives are starved for meaning and destiny is bare,
We are called to follow Jesus and let Gods healing flow through us.”
—Jim Strathdee (20th century)
“The pleasure of ones effect on other people still exists in agewhats called making a hit. But the hit is much rarer and made of different stuff.”
—Enid Bagnold (18891981)
“What is called common sense is excellent in its department, and as invaluable as the virtue of conformity in the army and navy,for there must be subordination,but uncommon sense, that sense which is common only to the wisest, is as much more excellent as it is more rare.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)