Autonomous Unit Status
During its 1,260th meeting on September 24, 2010, the U.P. Board of Regents approved the proposal for the elevation of the U.P. Visayas Cebu College to an autonomous unit under the Office of the U.P. President. This gave U.P. Cebu "more freedom and flexibility to prepare for a constituent university status in the next five (5) to seven (7) years."
During this transition, U.P. Cebu was tasked to focus on the following 10-point agenda:
- Formulate strategic directions for U.P. Cebu focusing on its role as an institution of higher learning in the region within the framework of the U.P. System
- Formulate a desired faculty development profile including strategies for achieving the profile
- Tighten faculty recruitment policies and procedures consistent with the desired faculty development profile
- Improve the quality of undergraduate programs, at the same time emphasize quality graduate education
- Formulate mid- and long-term research agenda that will lead to a strong research culture in U.P. Cebu
- Nurture an IT culture in U.P. Cebu
- Create and develop a program to promote the cultural heritage of the region
- Formulate resource generation framework and program specifying strategies and mechanisms for sustainable fund-raising and income generation
- Formulate physical campus development program
- Undertake all the above activities under and autonomous set-up of the U.P. System
Other articles related to "unit, units":
... The unit received a Meritorious Unit Commendation in 2008 for service in Iraq ... The unit was also awarded a Meritorious Unit Commendation in 2011 for service in Kandahar, Afghanistan ...
... the number of atomic or molecular collisions with a wall of a container per unit area per unit time ... an ideal gas, a derivation results in an equation for total number of collisions per unit time per area This quantity is also known as the "impingement rate" in vacuum physics ...
... Unit (housing), a self-contained suite of rooms within a set of similar dwellings Unit of account, a monetary unit of measurement An apartment ...
... Unit 101 (Hebrew יחידה 101) was a special forces unit of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), founded and commanded by Ariel Sharon on orders from Prime Minister David Ben-Gurio ... The unit was merged into Battalion 890 during January 1954, mainly because they killed dozens of unarmed citizens during the raid known as Qibya massacre into the village of ... Beside the Sayeret Matkal, they are considered to be the unit with the most influence on the Israeli infantry oriented units—including both special and conventional units ...
... Ribbon Award Year Notes Joint Meritorious Unit Award 1996 For Joint Logistics Support Element, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Joint Meritorious Unit Award 2011 For Operation Enduring Freedom, Kandahar, Afghanistan ...
Famous quotes containing the words status, autonomous and/or unit:
“What is clear is that Christianity directed increased attention to childhood. For the first time in history it seemed important to decide what the moral status of children was. In the midst of this sometimes excessive concern, a new sympathy for children was promoted. Sometimes this meant criticizing adults. . . . So far as parents were put on the defensive in this way, the beginning of the Christian era marks a revolution in the childs status.”
—C. John Sommerville (20th century)
“Without free, self-respecting, and autonomous citizens there can be no free and independent nations. Without internal peace, that is, peace among citizens and between the citizens and the state, there can be no guarantee of external peace.”
—Václav Havel (b. 1936)
“During the Suffragette revolt of 1913 I ... [urged] that what was needed was not the vote, but a constitutional amendment enacting that all representative bodies shall consist of women and men in equal numbers, whether elected or nominated or coopted or registered or picked up in the street like a coroners jury. In the case of elected bodies the only way of effecting this is by the Coupled Vote. The representative unit must not be a man or a woman but a man and a woman.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)