Autonomous Unit Status
During its 1,260th meeting on September 24, 2010, the U.P. Board of Regents approved the proposal for the elevation of the U.P. Visayas Cebu College to an autonomous unit under the Office of the U.P. President. This gave U.P. Cebu "more freedom and flexibility to prepare for a constituent university status in the next five (5) to seven (7) years."
During this transition, U.P. Cebu was tasked to focus on the following 10-point agenda:
- Formulate strategic directions for U.P. Cebu focusing on its role as an institution of higher learning in the region within the framework of the U.P. System
- Formulate a desired faculty development profile including strategies for achieving the profile
- Tighten faculty recruitment policies and procedures consistent with the desired faculty development profile
- Improve the quality of undergraduate programs, at the same time emphasize quality graduate education
- Formulate mid- and long-term research agenda that will lead to a strong research culture in U.P. Cebu
- Nurture an IT culture in U.P. Cebu
- Create and develop a program to promote the cultural heritage of the region
- Formulate resource generation framework and program specifying strategies and mechanisms for sustainable fund-raising and income generation
- Formulate physical campus development program
- Undertake all the above activities under and autonomous set-up of the U.P. System
Other articles related to "unit, units":
... Ribbon Award Year Notes Joint Meritorious Unit Award 1996 For Joint Logistics Support Element, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Joint Meritorious Unit Award 2011 For Operation Enduring ...
... Unit 101 (Hebrew יחידה 101) was a special forces unit of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), founded and commanded by Ariel Sharon on orders from Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion in ... The unit was merged into Battalion 890 during January 1954, mainly because they killed dozens of unarmed citizens during the raid known as Qibya massacre into the village of Qibya ... Beside the Sayeret Matkal, they are considered to be the unit with the most influence on the Israeli infantry oriented units—including both special and conventional units ...
... Unit (housing), a self-contained suite of rooms within a set of similar dwellings Unit of account, a monetary unit of measurement An apartment Multiple unit, a passenger train where each ...
... The unit received a Meritorious Unit Commendation in 2008 for service in Iraq ... The unit was also awarded a Meritorious Unit Commendation in 2011 for service in Kandahar, Afghanistan ...
... collisions with a wall of a container per unit area per unit time ... a derivation results in an equation for total number of collisions per unit time per area This quantity is also known as the "impingement rate" in vacuum physics ...
Famous quotes containing the words status, autonomous and/or unit:
“Recent studies that have investigated maternal satisfaction have found this to be a better prediction of mother-child interaction than work status alone. More important for the overall quality of interaction with their children than simply whether the mother works or not, these studies suggest, is how satisfied the mother is with her role as worker or homemaker. Satisfied women are consistently more warm, involved, playful, stimulating and effective with their children than unsatisfied women.”
—Alison Clarke-Stewart (20th century)
“There is a totalitarian regime inside every one of us. We are ruled by a ruthless politburo which sets ours norms and drives us from one five-year plan to another. The autonomous individual who has to justify his existence by his own efforts is in eternal bondage to himself.”
—Eric Hoffer (19021983)
“During the Suffragette revolt of 1913 I ... [urged] that what was needed was not the vote, but a constitutional amendment enacting that all representative bodies shall consist of women and men in equal numbers, whether elected or nominated or coopted or registered or picked up in the street like a coroners jury. In the case of elected bodies the only way of effecting this is by the Coupled Vote. The representative unit must not be a man or a woman but a man and a woman.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)