Territory may refer to:
- Territory (country subdivision), a non-sovereign geographic region
- States and territories of Australia, administrative subdivisions of Australia
- British Overseas Territories
- Provinces and territories of Canada, administrative subdivisions of Canada with fewer powers of self-government than provinces
- Overseas territory (France)
- Territoire de Belfort, a French département that retains its historical name from 1871–1919
- Union Territory, administrative subdivisions in India
- Territories of the United States
- Unorganized territory (in USA and Canada)
- Sales territory
- Territorial tax systems (vs. residency based or hybrid)
- Territoriality (nonverbal communication), how people use space to communicate ownership/occupancy of areas and possessions
Other articles related to "territory":
... Geary County was formed on August 30, 1855 as an original county from open, free territory ... It was among the first 33 counties established by the territory government ... Geary, an early Governor of the Kansas Territory ...
... The Order of Polaris is given out by the Government of Yukon Territory in Canada for great service to the territory service to the people of the territory ... The medal and scroll were presented by the Commissioner of the Yukon Territory (or designate) at a ceremony in Edmonton ...
... The Australian Capital Territory contains 8 separate protected areas with a total land area of 1,230 km² (50.59% of the territory's area) ... They are managed on territory level by Environment ACT ...
... Purchase, Sahuarita would become a part of the Territory of New Mexico, in the United States of America ... finally collapsed under the pressure and vacated the area, generally moving westward to Papago territory ... Sahuarita was a part of the Confederate Arizona Territory between 1861 and 1862 before being captured by the Union and incorporated into Arizona Territory in 1863 ...
... Powers reserved to the states No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public ...
Famous quotes containing the word territory:
“Size is not grandeur, and territory does not make a nation.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)
“I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally shes going to adopt me and sivilize me and I cant stand it. I been there before.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“When the excessively shy force themselves to be forward, they are frequently surprisingly unsubtle and overdirect and even rude: they have entered an extreme region beyond their normal personality, an area of social crime where gradations dont count; unavailable to them are the instincts and taboos that booming extroverts, who know the territory of self-advancement far better, can rely on.”
—Nicholson Baker (b. 1957)