Union may refer to:
- Trade union or labor union, an organization of workers who have banded together, often for the purpose of getting better working conditions or pay
- Credit union
- Taxpayer groups (Taxpayers union), an organization of taxpayers, for the purpose of getting better budget responsibility from government
- Union (set theory), a mathematical set composed of all of the distinct elements of a collection of sets
- Union (plumbing), a pipe fitting
- Union (American Civil War), a name used to refer to the federal government of the United States and loyal states during the American Civil War
- Gabrielle Union, American actress
- Half-union, a coin
- Poor Law Union
Other articles related to "union":
... The village of Mashapaug in Union is the site of the Traveler Restaurant, a unique eating establishment that gives away used books to its patrons ... The Union Free Public Library is housed in one of the town's few public buildings ... Union Green Historic District ...
... Union County is a county located in the U.S ... A study by Forbes.com determined Union County pays the second-highest property taxes of all counties in the nation ... With more than 5,000 persons per square mile on average, Union County is one of the most densely populated counties in America ...
... Benelux is a union of states in Europe comprising three neighbouring countries, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg ... The Union's name is formed from the beginning of each country's name it was possibly created for the Benelux Customs Union ... the earliest version of the modern European Union ...
... In 1862 Union forces coming down the river successfully cleared Confederate defenses at Island Number 10 and Memphis, Tennessee, while Naval forces coming upriver from the Gulf of ... the river at Vicksburg, Mississippi, and the Union's Vicksburg Campaign (December 1862 to July, 1863), and the fall of Port Hudson, completed control of the lower Mississippi ... The Union victory ending the Siege of Vicksburg on July 4, 1863 was pivotal to the Union's final victory of the Civil War ...
... The Zimbabwe African National Union was a militant organization that fought against the white minority government in Rhodesia, formed as a split from the ...
Famous quotes containing the word union:
“What should concern Massachusetts is not the Nebraska Bill, nor the Fugitive Slave Bill, but her own slaveholding and servility. Let the State dissolve her union with the slaveholder.... Let each inhabitant of the State dissolve his union with her, as long as she delays to do her duty.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“She had brought love to the union and he had brought a longing after the flesh.”
—Zora Neale Hurston (18911960)
“[With the Union saved] its form of government is saved to the world; its beloved history, and cherished memories, are vindicated; and its happy future fully assured, and rendered inconceivably grand.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)