Specialist frequently refers to an expert in a profession. It can also mean:
- Specialist (rank), a military rank
- Specialist degree, in academia
- "Specialist", a song by the band Interpol
- "The Specialist", the English translation of "Lo Sconosciuto", an Italian comics character
- Generalist and specialist species, a method of species categorization
- A market maker in a stock exchange
- Specialty (medicine)
- Payload Specialist, a Space Shuttle crew member selected for a single specific mission
- The Specialist, a 1994 action film
- Specialist, a military avionics, electrical & environmental, or engines expert
- American football special teams player who is either a return specialist or a kicking specialist.
- Specialist (short story), a science fiction short story by Robert Sheckley
- Specialist, one of the Belbin team roles
Other articles related to "specialist":
... Bagian (Mission Specialist) Bonnie J ... Dunbar (Mission Specialist) Manley L ... (Mission Specialist) Nagapathi C ...
... Further reading Specialist on Marvel Database, a Marvel Comics wiki Specialist at the Comic Book DB The Specialist is a supervillain who appears in comics published by Marvel Comics ... Within the context of the stories, the Specialist is an athletic man with no superhuman powers, an expert martial artist who is trained as a samurai ... At the behest of Tyler Stone, the Specialist captures Kasey Nash in order to lure the Spider-Man of that era into battle ...
... Rhea Seddon (Mission Specialist) S ... David Griggs (Mission Specialist) Jeffrey A ... Hoffman (Mission Specialist) ...
... to become, whether it be a Squad Leader, Engineer, Weapons Specialist, Medic Specialist, or Comm (Communications) Specialist ...
... Until July 2012 the Specialist Response and Security Team (SRS) were a Police Tactical Group of the Australian Federal Police (AFP) having responsibility for tactical and ... the SRS was merged with the ORG to create the Specialist Response Group ...
Famous quotes containing the word specialist:
“He was no specialist except in the relation of things.... He took most of his materials at second hand.... But no matter who mined the gold, the image and superscription are his.”
—Woodrow Wilson (18561924)
“... to a specialist his specialty is the whole of everything and if his specialty is in good order and it generally is then everything must be succeeding.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)
“A specialist is someone who does everything else worse.”
—Ruggiero Ricci (b. 1918)