Tackle may refer to:
- In football:
- Tackle (football move), a play in various forms of football
- Tackle (American football), a position in American football and Canadian football
- Dump tackle, forceful move in rugby of picking up an opposing player and throwing him to the ground
- The Tackle, a term for the final play of Super Bowl XXXIV
- Sliding tackle, a tackle in association football
- Block and tackle, a system of two or more pulleys with a rope or cable threaded between them, usually used to lift or pull heavy loads
- Fishing tackle, the gear or equipment used when fishing
- Electro-Wave Human Tackle, a character from Kamen Rider Stronger.
- Tackle (Transformers) - a fictional character.
Other articles related to "tackle":
... Francisco 49ers Jim Long Back Fresno State 156 Philadelphia Eagles John Sapinsky Tackle William Mary 157 Dallas Cowboys Johnny Norman End Northwestern State (LA) 158 Washington Redskins Bob Zvolerin Tackle ... McNaughton End Utah State 166 Cleveland Browns Ed Mitchell Tackle Southern 167 Green Bay Packers Dwain Bean Back North Texas State 168 Chicago Bears Bob Horton Running back Boston University ...
... USS Tackle (ARS-37) was a Tackle-class rescue and salvage ship acquired by the U.S ... Navy during World War II ...
... On 4 September, Tackle was being towed to the fueling and watering berth in the Basin Petrolier by the French tug Provencal ... The French tug was sunk, and Tackle suffered considerable damage to her port side and engine rooms ... Tackle made a voyage from Algeria to Marseilles in November and spent December 1944 shuttling between Algerian ports ...
270 Washington Redskins Gordon Guest Back Arkansas 271 Minnesota Vikings Milt Sunde Tackle Minnesota 272 Detroit Lions Steve Barilla Tackle Wichita State 273 Los ... Ralph Kubinski Guard Missouri 277 New York Giants Tony Gibbons Tackle John Carroll 278 Cleveland Browns Dave Archer Tackle Syracuse 279 Green Bay Packers Bill Curry Center Georgia ...
... Wide receiver Tom Nettles San Diego State 204 ... Tackle Clanton King Purdue 206 Defensive back Maurice LeBlanc Louisiana State 231 ... Guard Dan Klepper Omaha ... Dame 335 ... Guard Rick Piland Virginia Tech 360 ... Defensive back Al Bream Iowa 388 ... Offensive tackle Leland Winston Rice 413 ... Defensive back Eural Johnson Prairie View 438 ... Defensive back Ralph Jenkins ...
Famous quotes containing the word tackle:
“Play with your fancies: and in them behold
Upon the hempen tackle ship-boys climbing;
Hear the shrill whistle which doth order give
To sound confused; behold the threaden sails
Borne with th invisible and creeping wind.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That cannot be done, and youll do it.”
—Edgar Albert Guest (18811959)