PRO or Pro may refer to:
- Patient-reported outcome, in clinical trials
- Professional, abbreviation for either a person in a profession or in sports
- Proline, an amino acid
- Prostitute, a person who receives payment for sexual services
- Pro Hart (1928–2006), Australian painter nicknamed "Pro" for "professor"
- Pro theme, a visual style designed for professional-grade software for Mac OS X
- .pro, a sponsored, generic top-level domain
- PRO (category theory), a construction in mathematics
- PRO (linguistics), an empty category whose existence is postulated in classical Government and Binding Theory
- Public relations officer, corporate communications officer
- Pressure-retarded osmosis, the salinity gradient energy retrieved from the difference in the salt concentration between seawater and river water
Read more about PRO: Groups and Organisations
Other articles related to "pro":
... Title Remarks 1943 Sonatina Sonatina Op.1 for piano 1952 Sonáta pro klavír č.1 Sonata No.1 Op.11 for piano 1955 Osm českých duet Eight Czech Duets for piano 4-hands 1957 Elegie pro klavír ...
... For example, the labels "pro-choice" and "pro-life" imply endorsement of widely held values such as liberty and freedom, while suggesting that the opposition must be "anti-choice" or ... Terms used by some in the debate to describe their opponents include "pro-abortion" or "pro-abort" ... Research Institute poll, seven in ten Americans described themselves as "pro-choice" while almost two-thirds described themselves as "pro-life." The ...
... He turned pro in 2009 at junior featherweight and won his first two fights. ...
... English Title Remarks 1958 Divertimento pro žesťové a bicí nástroje Divertimento for brass and percussion expansion of movements from the Eight Czech Duets 1968 Hudba pro Prahu 1968 Music for Prague 1968 1 ... version for concert band also for chorus and orchestra (1972) 1973 Al Fresco pro koncertní dechový orchestr Al Fresco for concert band 1995 ... Divertimento pro ...
... A near-riot occurred on May 7, 2002, when a pro-Palestinian group attended a pro-Israel demonstration on campus ... The pro-Israel students say that the Palestinian supporters chanted anti-semitic epithets at them, such as "Hitler should have finished the job." The pro-Pales ...
Famous quotes containing the word pro:
“The upbeat lawyer/negotiator of preadolescence has become a real pro by nowcynical, shrewd, a tough cookie. Youre constantly embroiled in a match of wits. Youre exhausted.”
—Ron Taffel (20th century)
“It is sweet and honourable to die for ones country.
[Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.]”
—Horace [Quintus Horatius Flaccus] (658 B.C.)