PRO or Pro may refer to:
- Patient-reported outcome, in clinical trials
- Professional, abbreviation for either a person in a profession or in sports
- Proline, an amino acid
- Prostitute, a person who receives payment for sexual services
- Pro Hart (1928–2006), Australian painter nicknamed "Pro" for "professor"
- Pro theme, a visual style designed for professional-grade software for Mac OS X
- .pro, a sponsored, generic top-level domain
- PRO (category theory), a construction in mathematics
- PRO (linguistics), an empty category whose existence is postulated in classical Government and Binding Theory
- Public relations officer, corporate communications officer
- Pressure-retarded osmosis, the salinity gradient energy retrieved from the difference in the salt concentration between seawater and river water
Read more about PRO: Groups and Organisations
Other articles related to "pro":
... He turned pro in 2009 at junior featherweight and won his first two fights. ...
... Date Czech Title English Title Remarks 1958 Divertimento pro žesťové a bicí nástroje Divertimento for brass and percussion expansion of movements from the ... concert band also for chorus and orchestra (1972) 1973 Al Fresco pro koncertní dechový orchestr Al Fresco for concert band 1995 ... Divertimento pro dechové a ...
... A near-riot occurred on May 7, 2002, when a pro-Palestinian group attended a pro-Israel demonstration on campus ... The pro-Israel students say that the Palestinian supporters chanted anti-semitic epithets at them, such as "Hitler should have finished the job." The pro-Palestinian group say the pro-Israelis started the ...
... Czech Title English Title Remarks 1943 Sonatina Sonatina Op.1 for piano 1952 Sonáta pro klavír č.1 Sonata No.1 Op.11 for piano 1955 Osm českých duet Eight Czech Duets for piano 4-hands ...
... For example, the labels "pro-choice" and "pro-life" imply endorsement of widely held values such as liberty and freedom, while suggesting that the opposition must be "anti-choice" or "anti-life" (alternatively ... used by some in the debate to describe their opponents include "pro-abortion" or "pro-abort" ... Research Institute poll, seven in ten Americans described themselves as "pro-choice" while almost two-thirds described themselves as "pro-life." The appropriate ...
Famous quotes containing the word pro:
“The upbeat lawyer/negotiator of preadolescence has become a real pro by nowcynical, shrewd, a tough cookie. Youre constantly embroiled in a match of wits. Youre exhausted.”
—Ron Taffel (20th century)
“It is sweet and honourable to die for ones country.
[Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.]”
—Horace [Quintus Horatius Flaccus] (658 B.C.)