Part may refer to:
- Part (haircut)
- Part (mathematics), a relation in mereology
- Part (music), the music played or sung by an individual instrument or voice
- Parts (book), a 1997 children's book by Tedd Arnold
- Parts book : a parts book or parts catalogue is a book published by manufacturers which contains the part numbers and other relevant data for their products or parts thereof.
- Pärt Uusberg (born 1986), Estonian composer and conductor
- Arvo Pärt (born 1935), Estonian classical composer
- John Part (born 1966), Canadian darts player
- Spare part, a component kept for replacement of other failed components
- Program Assessment Review Tool, United States federal funding assessment
- PART, an acronym for the Putnam Transit bus system
- PART, an acronym for the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit
Other articles related to "part":
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it ... the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw the ... Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... Since 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the ...
... a small village named Gorelic in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Is not the tremendous strength in men of the impulse to creative work in every field precisely due to their feeling of playing a relatively small part in the creation of living beings, which constantly impels them to an overcompensation in achievement?”
—Karen Horney (18851952)
“Meek wifehood is no part of my profession;
I am your friend, but never your possession.”
—Vera Brittain (18961970)
“I grow old . . . I grow old . . .
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
I do not think that they will sing to me.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)