Part may refer to:
- Part (haircut)
- Part (mathematics), a relation in mereology
- Part (music), the music played or sung by an individual instrument or voice
- Parts (book), a 1997 children's book by Tedd Arnold
- Parts book : a parts book or parts catalogue is a book published by manufacturers which contains the part numbers and other relevant data for their products or parts thereof.
- Pärt Uusberg (born 1986), Estonian composer and conductor
- Arvo Pärt (born 1935), Estonian classical composer
- John Part (born 1966), Canadian darts player
- Spare part, a component kept for replacement of other failed components
- Program Assessment Review Tool, United States federal funding assessment
- PART, an acronym for the Putnam Transit bus system
- PART, an acronym for the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit
Other articles related to "part":
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the ...
... under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw the Soviet armies ... The 5th Army itself only advanced as far as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural ... Two regional parks can be found in Yvelines the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays." After many years as part of the X ...
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“The greatest, or rather the most prominent, part of this city was constructed with the design to offer the deadest resistance to leaden and iron missiles that might be cast against it. But it is a remarkable meteorological and psychological fact, that it is rarely known to rain lead with much violence, except on places so constructed.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Life isnt all beer and skittles, but beer and skittles, or something better of the same sort, must form a good part of every Englishmans education.”
—Thomas Hughes (18221896)
“Do not discourage your children from hoarding, if they have a taste to it; whoever lays up his penny rather than part with it for a cake, at least is not the slave of gross appetite; and shows besides a preference always to be esteemed, of the future to the present moment.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)