Part may refer to:
- Part (haircut)
- Part (mathematics), a relation in mereology
- Part (music), the music played or sung by an individual instrument or voice
- Parts (book), a 1997 children's book by Tedd Arnold
- Parts book : a parts book or parts catalogue is a book published by manufacturers which contains the part numbers and other relevant data for their products or parts thereof.
- Pärt Uusberg (born 1986), Estonian composer and conductor
- Arvo Pärt (born 1935), Estonian classical composer
- John Part (born 1966), Canadian darts player
- Spare part, a component kept for replacement of other failed components
- Program Assessment Review Tool, United States federal funding assessment
- PART, an acronym for the Putnam Transit bus system
- PART, an acronym for the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit
Other articles related to "part":
... During World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the Polish Army in the East ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it ... in Yvelines the parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that ... before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan. 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 ...
... was a small village named Gorelic in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Even if matter could do every outward thing that God does, the idea of it would not work as satisfactorily, because the chief call for a God on modern mens part is for a being who will inwardly recognize them and judge them sympathetically. Matter disappoints this craving of our ego, so God remains for most men the truer hypothesis, and indeed remains so for definite pragmatic reasons.”
—William James (18421910)
“On the other side, the conservative party, composed of the most moderate, able, and cultivated part of the population, is timid, and merely defensive of property. It vindicates no right, it aspires to no real good, it brands no crime, it proposes no generous policy, it does not build, nor write, nor cherish the arts, nor foster religion, nor establish schools, nor encourage science, nor emancipate the slave, nor befriend the poor, or the Indian, or the immigrant.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Ultimately a hero is a man who would argue with the gods, and so awakens devils to contest his vision. The more a man can achieve, the more he may be certain that the devil will inhabit a part of his creation.”
—Norman Mailer (b. 1923)