Part may refer to:
- Part (haircut)
- Part (mathematics), a relation in mereology
- Part (music), the music played or sung by an individual instrument or voice
- Parts (book), a 1997 children's book by Tedd Arnold
- Parts book : a parts book or parts catalogue is a book published by manufacturers which contains the part numbers and other relevant data for their products or parts thereof.
- Pärt Uusberg (born 1986), Estonian composer and conductor
- Arvo Pärt (born 1935), Estonian classical composer
- John Part (born 1966), Canadian darts player
- Spare part, a component kept for replacement of other failed components
- Program Assessment Review Tool, United States federal funding assessment
- PART, an acronym for the Putnam Transit bus system
- PART, an acronym for the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit
Other articles related to "part":
... It rapidly became clear that it would be more useful as part of X than as a standalone program, so it was retargeted to X ... As Gettys tells the story, "part of why xterm's internals are so horrifying is that it was originally intended that a single process be able to drive multiple VS100 displays." After ...
... Reformed under Lelyushenko and Govarov, it played a part in the last-ditch defence of Moscow, and then in the string of offensive and defensive campaigns that eventually saw ... as East Prussia before it was moved east to take part in the Soviet attack on Japan ... Since 1945 under the Soviet and now Russian flag it has formed part of the Far East Military District keeping watch on the border with the People's Republic of China ...
... in the region of Lusatia, which soon after became a part of Bohemia ... Thus the city was a part of the Prussian province of Silesia from 1815 until 1945 ... The German part retained the name Görlitz, while the Polish part became Zgorzelec ...
... The eastern part of the department, as well as its northern part along the Seine, is part of the Paris metropolitan area, but the rest of the department is rural, much of it covered by the Forest of Rambouillet (also ... of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse and part of the parc of Vexin Français ...
... World War II, the division was reformed twice as part of two distinct armed forces once as part of the Home Army during the Warsaw Uprising and again as part of the Polish Army in the East ...
Famous quotes containing the word part:
“Frequently also some fair-weather finery ripped off a vessel by a storm near the coast was nailed up against an outhouse. I saw fastened to a shed near the lighthouse a long new sign with the words ANGLO SAXON on it in large gilt letters, as if it were a useless part which the ship could afford to lose, or which the sailors had discharged at the same time with the pilot. But it interested somewhat as if it had been a part of the Argo, clipped off in passing through the Symplegades.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“We often mistake the original part of ourselves for a weakness.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“Ultimately a hero is a man who would argue with the gods, and so awakens devils to contest his vision. The more a man can achieve, the more he may be certain that the devil will inhabit a part of his creation.”
—Norman Mailer (b. 1923)