National Association can refer to;
- National Association, or "N.A.", the official designation of federally chartered banks in the United States.
- National Association of Base Ball Players, the governing body of early high-level but officially non-professional baseball in the United States.
- National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, regarded by baseball historians as the first professional baseball league. This league split from the National Association of Base Ball Players in 1871 and was replaced after 1875 by the National League.
- National Association (minor league baseball), a minor league baseball league that played during the 1879 and 1880 seasons.
- National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues, the former name of the governing body of Minor League Baseball.
Other articles related to "national association, association, national, associations":
... player who played as a catcher and center fielder in the National Association of Professional Base Ball Players for three seasons from 1871 to 1874 ... Prior to his time in the National Association, he played a couple seasons in the league's previous version, the National Association of Base Ball Players, when he played for the Excelsior of ...
... Advertising Research Foundation Aerospace Industries Association Air Conditioning Contractors of America Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute Airports Council International Alabama ... Railway Tie Association Receptive Services Association of America Recording Industry Association of America Recreational Software Advisory Council ... Poultry Egg Association United States Telecom Association Vision Council of America Western States Petroleum Association Western States Roofing Contractors ...
... a teacher placement office at the University of California, Berkeley helped form the National Association of Appointment Secretaries (NAAS) ... In 1924, NAAS met for the first time and came as guests of the National Association of Deans of Women (NADW) to a convention sponsored by the Department ... NAAS became the National Association of Personnel and Placement Officers (NAPPO) ...
... Current Service on Boards National Real Estate Investors Association (serves on board of directors) Current Member of the Following Associations National Association of Women ...
... N2O—nitrous oxide NAAQS—National Ambient Air Quality Standards (US) NAESB—North American Energy Standards Board (formerly GISB) NAFTA—North American ... NOAA—National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (US) NOI—Notice of Intent or Notice of Inquiry or Notice of Investigation NOPR—Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (US) NORDEL—association of ...
Famous quotes containing the words association and/or national:
“With all their faults, trade-unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed. They have done more for decency, for honesty, for education, for the betterment of the race, for the developing of character in man, than any other association of men.”
—Clarence Darrow (18571938)
“...America has enjoyed the doubtful blessing of a single-track mind. We are able to accommodate, at a time, only one national hero; and we demand that that hero shall be uniform and invincible. As a literate people we are preoccupied, neither with the race nor the individual, but with the type. Yesterday, we romanticized the tough guy; today, we are romanticizing the underprivileged, tough or tender; tomorrow, we shall begin to romanticize the pure primitive.”
—Ellen Glasgow (18731945)