Method may refer to:
- Scientific method, a series of steps, or collection of methods, taken to acquire knowledge
- Method (computer programming), a piece of code associated with a class or object to perform a task
- Method (music), a kind of textbook to help students learning to play a musical instrument
- Method (patent), a series of steps or acts for performing a function
- Methodology, comparison or study and critique of individual methods that are used in a given discipline or field of inquiry
- Method acting, a style of acting in which the actor attempts to replicate the conditions under which the character operates
- Method (Godhead), the bassist and programmer for the industrial band Godhead
- Discourse on Method, a philosophical and mathematical treatise by René Descartes
- Method (film), a 2004 film directed by Duncan Roy
- Method Products (branded as "method"), a San Francisco-based corporation which manufactures household products
- Method Studios, a Los Angeles-based visual effects company
- Method Incorporated, an international brand experience agency
- Method ringing, a British style of ringing church bells according to a series of mathematical algorithms
- Method Man, an American rapper.
Other articles related to "method, methods":
... The method of least squares grew out of the fields of astronomy and geodesy as scientists and mathematicians sought to provide solutions to the challenges of navigating the Earth's oceans during the ... The method was the culmination of several advances that took place during the course of the eighteenth century The combination of different observations ... error has been achieved, developed by Laplace in his Method of Least Squares ...
... Cubomania is a surrealist method of making collages in which a picture or image is cut into squares and the squares are then reassembled without regard for the image, automatically "or at random," or a ... work." It has been described as a "statistical method" ... Joseph Jablonski have suggested that cubomania, with other surrealist methods, can "subvert the enslaving 'message' of advertising and to free images from repressive contexts." Using cubomania ...
... There are three main methods the direct method, the indirect method and the double indirect method ...
... In optimization, quasi-Newton methods (a special case of variable metric methods) are algorithms for finding local maxima and minima of functions ... Quasi-Newton methods are based on Newton's method to find the stationary point of a function, where the gradient is 0 ... Newton's method assumes that the function can be locally approximated as a quadratic in the region around the optimum, and uses the first and second ...
... The design types vary according to the method of introducing the charge to the cylinder, the method of scavenging the cylinder (exchanging burnt exhaust for fresh ...
Famous quotes containing the word method:
“As a science of the unconscious it is a therapeutic method, in the grand style, a method overarching the individual case. Call this, if you choose, a poets utopia.”
—Thomas Mann (18751955)
“There is no method but to be very intelligent.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“Steady labor with the hands, which engrosses the attention also, is unquestionably the best method of removing palaver and sentimentality out of ones style, both of speaking and writing.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)