Long may refer to:
- Length, the long dimension of any object
- Lóng, the Chinese dragon
- Long (surname), a common surname
- Long (finance), a position in finance, especially stock markets
- Long (Bloody Roar), a fictional character in the video-game series Bloody Roar
- Long integer, a computer data type denoted by long in many programming languages
- Long, a fielding term in cricket
- In geography
- Long, People's Republic of China, Gansu Province
- The Yangtze River of China, known in Chinese as Changjiang (literally, "Long River")
- The Long River, or Longjiang (literally, "Dragong River"), one of several rivers in China
- Long District, Phrae, Thailand
- Longitude (Long.), a geographic coordinate
Other articles related to "long":
... not to shave the sides of one's face, male members of most Hasidic groups wear long, uncut sideburns called payot (Ashkenazi Hebrew peyos, Yiddish peyes) ... Not every Hasidic group requires long peyos, and not all Jewish men with peyos are Hasidic, but all groups discourage the shaving of one's beard ... Until then, Hasidic boys have long hair ...
... Coat long, coarse mostly brown and buff colored on the upper part of the body with some black along the backs ... Muzzle long nose pad wide and black ears rufous legs long tail long, bushy, black tipped ...
... is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs) ... In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels ... Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling ...
... Kondratiev waves (also called supercycles, great surges, long waves, K-waves or the long economic cycle) are described as sinusoidal-like cycles in the modern capitalist world economy ... Unlike the short-term business cycle, the long wave of this theory is not accepted by current mainstream economics ...
... in the past but may not apply to the current situation) Immediate interest, which may override long-term interests Basic values may require or prohibit certain actions ...
Famous quotes containing the word long:
“At last now you can be
What the old cannot recall
And the young long for in dreams,
Yet still include them all.”
—Elizabeth Jennings (b. 1926)
“Chanuka and St. Nicholas Day came almost together this yearjust one days difference. We didnt make much fuss about Chanuka: we just gave each other a few little presents and then we had the candles. Because of the shortage of candles we only had them alight for ten minutes, but it is all right as long as you have the song.”
—Anne Frank (19291945)
“White in the moon the long road lies,
The moon stands blank above;
White in the moon the long road lies
That leads me from my love.”
—A.E. (Alfred Edward)