Long may refer to:
- Length, the long dimension of any object
- Lóng, the Chinese dragon
- Long (surname), a common surname
- Long (finance), a position in finance, especially stock markets
- Long (Bloody Roar), a fictional character in the video-game series Bloody Roar
- Long integer, a computer data type denoted by long in many programming languages
- Long, a fielding term in cricket
- In geography
- Long, People's Republic of China, Gansu Province
- The Yangtze River of China, known in Chinese as Changjiang (literally, "Long River")
- The Long River, or Longjiang (literally, "Dragong River"), one of several rivers in China
- Long District, Phrae, Thailand
- Longitude (Long.), a geographic coordinate
Other articles related to "long":
... Coat long, coarse mostly brown and buff colored on the upper part of the body with some black along the backs ... Muzzle long nose pad wide and black ears rufous legs long tail long, bushy, black tipped ...
... waves (also called supercycles, great surges, long waves, K-waves or the long economic cycle) are described as sinusoidal-like cycles in the modern capitalist world economy ... Unlike the short-term business cycle, the long wave of this theory is not accepted by current mainstream economics ...
... face, male members of most Hasidic groups wear long, uncut sideburns called payot (Ashkenazi Hebrew peyos, Yiddish peyes) ... Not every Hasidic group requires long peyos, and not all Jewish men with peyos are Hasidic, but all groups discourage the shaving of one's beard ... Until then, Hasidic boys have long hair ...
... current situation) Immediate interest, which may override long-term interests Basic values may require or prohibit certain actions even if the long-term result might be unfavorable (thes ...
... ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs) ... In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels ... Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in capitalized spelling ...
Famous quotes containing the word long:
“Ask us, ask us whether with the worldless rose
Our hearts shall fail us; come demanding
Whether there shall be lofty or long standing
When the bronze annals of the oak-tree close.”
—Richard Wilbur (b. 1921)
“We cannot assume the injustice of any actions which only create offense, and especially as regards religion and morals. He who utters or does anything to wound the conscience and moral sense of others, may indeed act immorally; but, so long as he is not guilty of being importunate, he violates no right.”
—Karl Wilhelm Von Humboldt (17671835)
“The decisions of law courts should never be printed: in the long run, they form a counterauthority to the law.”
—Denis Diderot (17131784)