Long may refer to:
- Length, the long dimension of any object
- Lóng, the Chinese dragon
- Long (surname), a common surname
- Long (finance), a position in finance, especially stock markets
- Long (Bloody Roar), a fictional character in the video-game series Bloody Roar
- Long integer, a computer data type denoted by long in many programming languages
- Long, a fielding term in cricket
- In geography
- Long, People's Republic of China, Gansu Province
- The Yangtze River of China, known in Chinese as Changjiang (literally, "Long River")
- The Long River, or Longjiang (literally, "Dragong River"), one of several rivers in China
- Long District, Phrae, Thailand
- Longitude (Long.), a geographic coordinate
Other articles related to "long":
... of one's face, male members of most Hasidic groups wear long, uncut sideburns called payot (Ashkenazi Hebrew peyos, Yiddish peyes) ... Not every Hasidic group requires long peyos, and not all Jewish men with peyos are Hasidic, but all groups discourage the shaving of one's beard ... Until then, Hasidic boys have long hair ...
... Coat long, coarse mostly brown and buff colored on the upper part of the body with some black along the backs ... Muzzle long nose pad wide and black ears rufous legs long tail long, bushy, black tipped ...
... waves (also called supercycles, great surges, long waves, K-waves or the long economic cycle) are described as sinusoidal-like cycles in the modern capitalist world ... Unlike the short-term business cycle, the long wave of this theory is not accepted by current mainstream economics ...
... the past but may not apply to the current situation) Immediate interest, which may override long-term interests Basic values may require or prohibit certain ...
... ß (Unicode U+00DF) is a consonant letter that evolved as a ligature of "long s and z" (ſz) and "long s over round s" (ſs) ... In standard spelling, it is only used after long vowels and diphthongs, while ss is written after short vowels ... Even though long s (ſ) has otherwise disappeared from German orthography, ß is still used as a ligature and is replaced by 'SS' or 'SZ' in ...
Famous quotes containing the word long:
“As long as there are men the bulwark is safe.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)
“It has always been my practice to cast a long paragraph in a single mould, to try it by my ear, to deposit it in my memory, but to suspend the action of the pen till I had given the last polish to my work.”
—Edward Gibbon (17371794)
“A cold coming we had of it,
Just the worst time of the year
For a journey, and such a long journey:”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)