Operation or Operations may refer to:
- Scientific operation
- Surgery, or operation
- An operation in mathematics:
- Graph operations
- Unary operation
- Binary operation
- Operations research
- In language, an operation is a word which represents a function (or instruction), rather than a term or name
- In computer science:
- an operation is performed on the basis of an instruction
- Modulo operation
- In military and intelligence:
- Military operation, a military action (usually in a military campaign) using deployed forces
- Operations (military staff), staff involved in planning operations
- Combined operations, operations by forces of two or more allied nations
- Operations room, the tactical center providing processed information for command and control of an area of operations
- Special operations, military operations that are unconventional
- Covert operation, an operation which conceals the identity of the sponsor
- Clandestine operation, an intelligence or military operation carried out so that the operation goes unnoticed
- Black operation, an operation that may be outside of standard military protocol or against the law.
- Sting operation, an operation designed to catch a person committing a crime, by means of deception
- Business operations
- Operations management
- Manufacturing operations
- Unit operation, a basic step in a chemical engineering process
- Rail transport operations, the control of a rail system
- Operations support system used in the telecommunications industry
- Operation of law, a legal term that indicates that a right or liability has been created for a party
- Anomalous operation, in parapsychology, a term describing a broad category of purported paranormal effects
- Operation (game), a battery-operated game of physical skill
Other articles related to "operation":
... of Denmark and Norway Juno (1940) – operation to disrupt Allied supplies to Norway Nordseetour (1940) – first Atlantic operation of Admiral Hipper Berlin (1941 ...
... It is also commonly called a "UNE" for Unbundled Network Element, in the USA ... It has started making a comeback in the US in 2004 when Qwest started offering it, closely followed by Speakeasy ...
... World War II Korean War Vietnam War Operation Desert Shield Operation Desert Storm Operation Iraqi Freedom Operation Enduring Freedom ...
... In group theory, given a group G under a binary operation *, a subset H of G is called a subgroup of G if H also forms a group under the operation * ... H is a subgroup of G if the restriction of * to H x H is a group operation on H ... The group G is sometimes denoted by the ordered pair (G,*), usually to emphasize the operation * when G carries multiple algebraic or other structures ...
... Main article Funding of Hezbollah See also Operation Smokescreen Hezbollah says that the main source of its income comes from donations by Muslims ... have identified an illegal multimillion-dollar cigarette-smuggling fund raising operation and a drug smuggling operation ...
Famous quotes containing the word operation:
“You may read any quantity of books, and you may almost as ignorant as you were at starting, if you dont have, at the back of your minds, the change for words in definite images which can only be acquired through the operation of your observing faculties on the phenomena of nature.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)
“It is critical vision alone which can mitigate the unimpeded operation of the automatic.”
—Marshall McLuhan (19111980)
“Waiting for the race to become official, he began to feel as if he had as much effect on the final outcome of the operation as a single piece of a jumbo jigsaw puzzle has to its predetermined final design. Only the addition of the missing fragments of the puzzle would reveal if the picture was as he guessed it would be.”
—Stanley Kubrick (b. 1928)