Holding may refer to:
- Holding (law), the central determination in a judicial opinion
- Holding (aviation)
- Earl Holding, the majority owner of Sinclair Oil
- Michael Holding, a cricketer
- Holding company, a company that owns stock in other companies
- Holding (American football), a common penalty in American football
- Therapeutic Holding, a method to manage violence and aggression in children
- Billy Holding, rugby league footballer of the 1920s, '30s, and '40s for Cumberland, Warrington, Rochdale Hornets
Other articles related to "holding":
... Meditel, which received a mobile licence in 2000, is the kingdom's first private operator, holding 36.69% of the market ... Meditel's biggest competitor is Maroc Telecom, holding 60.71% of the market ... Though holding a tiny share (2.6%) of the voice market, this new player has captured a majority of the 3G market (69.11%) ...
... actor Guy Edmonds for 2008 Melbourne season of Holding the Man The Long Embrace - Interview with actors Guy Edmonds and Matt Zeremes Holding the Guy - Interview with actor Guy Edmonds ...
... Holding was much admired during her day ... during its golden age of 1920–1940, said of Holding that she was “the top suspense writer of them all.” Literary critic Anthony Boucher wrote “For ... Boucher also praised Holding's Miss Kelly as "one of those too-rare juvenile fantasies with delightful appeal to the adult connoisseur." Holding's novel The Blank Wall (1947) was so popular in its ...
... the solitary rocks
Famous quotes containing the word holding:
“Opera once was an important social instrumentespecially in Italy. With Rossini and Verdi people were listening to opera together and having the same catharsis with the same story, the same moral dilemmas. They were holding hands in the darkness. That has gone. Now perhaps they are holding hands watching television.”
—Luciano Berio (b. 1925)
“No collection of people who are all waiting for the same thing are capable of holding a natural conversation. Even if the thing they are waiting for is only a taxi.”
—Ben Elton (b. 1959)
“Golf is a fine relief from the tensions of office, but we are a little tired of holding the bag.”
—Adlai Stevenson (19001965)