Member may also refer to:
- Elected official
- Member of Parliament
- Element (mathematics), an object that belongs to a mathematical set
- Object-oriented programming term
- Field (computer science)
- Method (computer science)
- Member variable
- Limb (anatomy), an appendage of the human or animal body
- A euphemism for "penis"
- Structural component of a bridge
- Member (local church), person belonging to a local church
- Person belonging to a club
- Person belonging to a Board of Directors
- The Members, a British punk band
- Military jury, referred to as Members in military jargon
- User (computing), person making use of a computing service, especially on the Internet
- Member (geology), a component of a geologic formation
Other articles related to "member, members":
... Marla Lukofsky as African Green Monkey Von Flores as Ray (ACT UP member) Scott Hurst as Michael (ACT UP member) Duncan McIntosh as Ross (ACT UP member) Real-life television ...
... A former member of the armed forces, he was involved in Hugo Chávez's February 1992 Venezuelan coup d'état attempt ... He became a leading member of Chavez's Movimiento V República (MVR), and remains a leading member of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela into which MVR was merged in 2007 ... In 2010, he was elected a member of parliament by his home state of Monagas ...
... Name Position Term ends References Comments Stavros Anthony 4th Ward Council member 2013 Ricki Barlow 5th Ward Council member 2015 Carolyn Goodman Mayor ...
... Comprising approximately 1300 (and possibly up to 2000) member galaxies, the cluster forms the heart of the larger Virgo Supercluster, of which the Local Group ... Many of the member galaxies of the cluster are visible with a small telescope ... Its brightest member is the elliptical galaxy Messier 49, located in one subunit of the cluster ...
... Dominica is a member of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) ... currency (the East Caribbean dollar) to all eight members of the ECCU ... policy, and regulates and supervises commercial banking activities in its member countries ...
Famous quotes containing the word member:
“When committees gather, each member is necessarily an actor, uncontrollably acting out the part of himself, reading the lines that identify him, asserting his identity.... We are designed, coded, it seems, to place the highest priority on being individuals, and we must do this first, at whatever cost, even if it means disability for the group.”
—Lewis Thomas (b. 1913)
“That I am not a member of any Christian Church, is true; but I have never denied the truth of the Scriptures; and I have never spoken with intentional disrespect of religion.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“And the member for the constituency
Feeds the five thousand, and has plenty back.”
—William Robert Rodgers (19091969)